## Emelia 03 A4CC31 15-10-12

Private Chapter 9 after

The video started with the camera swinging around as if someone was moving quickly, “Run Sam, run!”  Emelia screamed.  The video flashed by several bushes and trees as she jumped over a log and nearly fell down the decline after. 

“I am!”  He shouted back.  She lifted the shaky camera and pointed it forward.  They looked to be running through some kind of jungle.  Samuel was right in front of her with short brown kakis and a thin loose shirt.  The white on his shirt was covered with brown marks and there were several tears running along the sides.  His legs were also battered with several long cuts running across them.  He had a black cap on and when he turned around his frightened eyes glanced for a moment right at the video, “What the hell are you doing?  Videoing it?”

“Yeah,” she said, nearly out of breath, “would make good for views right?”

Samuel slowed as she caught up to him, “This is fucking crazy, what happened to Ted, he was supposed to be right behind us.  Then he was gone.  What the fuck is going on?” 

Machinegun fire roared up from where they were running, “Fuck!”  Emelia shouted as she ran past Samuel and held the camera over her shoulder.

“This isn’t the time for that.  Put that shit away.”

“We have to video this!” 

The gunfire appeared closer as they ran even faster; bowling over vegetation like it wasn’t even there.  The video had a hard time staying focused on any one place and blurred for the most part in the mass amount of green that was everywhere.  After twenty seconds of the blurry mess Emelia brought the camera back in front.  After ten seconds of jungle they break out into a massive opening filled with fast moving water.  Emelia tried to stop but slid, nearly going over the edge and into the water but halted half way off. 

She got yanked back and turned the video around to show Samson had caught her by the backpack.  “Shit,” she said between adrenaline filled breaths.  She didn’t even process her near-death experience and turned back, “We need to find a way across.”

Samson also didn’t seem too shocked by saving her from the rapids and pointed downstream a bit, there was a fallen tree resting over the rapids.  They jogged down the coast and to the tree.  Samson went first and Emilia videoed as he balanced with two hands out and quickly walked across.  “Come on,” he shouted, waving his hands to Emilia.

Emelia was heard taking a deep breath before she reached both hands out and began to cross.  Half way across the video caught sight of a small man on Samson’s side of the river but a good couple hundred feet further downstream.  The little man had a green complexion and stood partway behind a tree in overalls and heavy boots. 

She moved the video back to Samson as he reached out and helped her across the last couple feet of log and back to solid ground.  They moved half a dozen or so feet into the jungle cover and turned around to look back at the river.  The gunfire across the river continued but it no longer followed.  “Thailand,” Emelia gasped, “I thought Thailand loved tourists.”

“Yeah…” he said, also breathing heavily from the sprint, “What the hell was that about?”

“I have no idea, I saw some protestors in this city, but this shit is crazy, they like just started shooting at each other and could care less if our group was in the middle.”  There was a moment of silence and breathing.  Then Emilia said, “I think I heard Ted get shot.”

“What?”  Samson looked up, his entire body was soaking with sweat and he had a hard time staying up without his hands on his knees.  It sounded as if Emilia had a bag on, but Samuel looked to have nothing, probably losing it in the initial attack.

“The shots went off and I heard him grunt then a large thud behind me, his head hit the back of my shoe when he fell.  I didn’t even turn around.  I was too concerned with you.”

“Shit,” he stood up straight and there were tears in his eyes, “we’re like a hundred miles from anywhere in the middle of the jungle and there are guys with guns everywhere,” a break.  The both appeared to be looking across at the video as the video filmed the distant cracks of guns and the much louder running water.  Samson broke the silence, “Who are you?”

The camera spun around, a little green man was right in front of the pair.  He had a silver pistol in his hand and was pointing it at both of them.  “No, no, please don’t, please. We didn’t do anything we were just hiking, please,” Emelia cried.

He aimed the gun at Emelia and pulled the trigger.  A pop resounded and Emelia jerked with impact.  The video dropped from her hand, did two spins and landed on the ground facing up at Samson from the undergrowth.  The thud of Emelia hitting the ground followed right after and grass flew up covering half of the screen.

“No… no,” Samson sobbed.  He took a step toward Emelia and the Green Man reached out and touched his leg.  Samson locked up as if he was playing freeze tag and slowly lowered himself to his knees.  After extended contact with the Green Man he buckled backwards and lay out on the dirt.  The Green Man stepped around Samson and reached down towards his pants. 

The midget reached his hand into Samson’s pants and grabbed what most likely was his crotch.  He then grunted, “Told to leave her alone.  I heard this guy likes it anyways.”  He flipped over Samson like a doll and with one pull yanked his pants down past his knees.  The Green Man then reached into his own pants and lowered himself behind Samson to where the video couldn’t see.  The man held onto Samson’s shirt as he pushed his groin against Samson’s rear.  The man let out a soft moan as he sunk down slowly, pulled himself away, and pushed back in.

Emelia’s hand appeared on the video as she reached up.  A second loud crack came from the little man, who had picked up his weapon from the other side of Samson and aimed it at her.  Her hand dropped, blocking the entire view of the Green Man, but smashing the grass so that Samson’s face could be seen.  Samson’s eyes were as wide open as they could be, his lips were trembling slightly and his eyelids were filled with water that started to run down his frozen cheeks.  His body was pushed up and pulled back as the little man had his way with Samson. 

The video cut here, either because someone edited the rest out, or because for whatever reason the phone it was filmed on finally gave out.