Chapter Twelve

A/N IMPORTANT: I notice some of you are reading past the chapters with the * next to the title, and then comment that you are confused. Please remember that this book is still under reconstruction and some chapters haven't been edited yet. the chapters that are finished with editing will have a " * " next to the title name. all other chapters don't go with the new edits!!

Also, a warning to the younger readers: this chapter has a bit of a naughty scene near the end. I warned ye.

I pulled back and stared at the window abruptly. Roger didn't seem to know that I was about to kiss him, thank god.

A mass of feathers scattered over the porch. Yup, that bird was done-zo.

I jumped off the couch and ran to the porch, trying to distance myself from Roger. I did not need to go all gaga over him again and attempt to kiss him. I would only embarrass myself.

"Oh no!" I yelled out.

"Was that a bird?" He questioned, sounding puzzled.

"Yes," I muttered sadly, getting the trash bin. Poor little guy, I bet he killed himself just to stop me from kissing Roger and embarrassing myself. What a noble little bird.

Roger followed me onto the porch with the role of paper towels.

"Don't touch it, you'll get a disease or something," he advised, handing me the paper towels.

I took them and proceeded to wrap up the little bird, placing it gently in the trash can.

"That was weird," Roger noted.

I couldn't agree more. How did the bird know?

It must have been sent by God, maybe he decided to finally cut me some slack from my constant self-destruction and embarrassment.

Roger took the trash can away from me, "Here, let me run this to the dumpster."

I gave him the bin and sat back down on my spot in the apartment. I decided it was time to get dressed. Maybe I could convince Roger to take me somewhere fun.

I walked into our closet and put on a loose black romper with a chunky cardigan and strappy black sandals. I also put on a coat of mascara and some lipstick.

Roger entered the apartment as I stepped out of the bathroom.

He paused as he took in my appearance.

"You look good."

I ignored the beat my heart skipped.

"Thank you."

"Why?"

"I dunno, I'm just bored. I want to do something fun tonight."

On cue the phone rang. He gave me an interested look before turning around and answering the phone.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey man, what's up?"

"Sure I'll ask Natalie." He brought the phone down from his ear.

"It's Smith, Emiliana wants us over for dinner. Want to go?"

She wanted us for dinner? That was too sweet, and perfect timing.

"Abosolutely!" I grinned.

He brought the phone back to his ear, "Okay she said yes. Yeah we'll be over soon."

He promptly hung up and winked at me.

"Looks like you got your wish."

"Looks like I did."