00:03

>
>
>

Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel like, 'I'm feeling real good about myself today.' So you try to get dressed around this good mood? So you try your hardest to look your best, so this feeling of minimal confidence can be uplifted even further.

This morning I got dressed with a little more effort than I usually give. After a night of crying I felt like I had something to prove. I even went through the trouble of putting on a little make up, before leaving my room.

"Fatty, lets go it's time for school." Delilah knocked on my door. Delilah had her license, but lacked a car. Braille had a car and a license. So she offered to drive Delilah to and from school each day, because of my lack of both car and license, I was forced in the back of a used pink Mini Cooper everyday.

"Hey, you look somewhat good today Fatty." Delilah complemented, but insulted me at the same time. I just stared at her until she coughed and moved down the hallway.

"Hey, Etna. You look really really pretty. Do you want some pancakes? I made them just for you." Resin greeted me as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Uh..." I questioned slowing my jog down the stairs into several awkward steps. "No, thank you?" I said almost in a question, so confused. Resin never cooked us breakfast, because our schools gave it to us for free.

"You sure hon? I made them just for you. The chocolate chips and everything." She tried convincing me, shoving a plate full of pancakes into my face. Kid made a weird face and I smiled at him.

"No, really I'm not hungry now." I told her shoving the plate away from my nose and Resin sighed.

"Come here Etna. Sit down with me." She said patting the seat in front of her. Braille honked on her horn constantly, which she did every morning knowing it is something the both of my parents hate.

"Hey Fatty, let's gooooo." Delilah pulled at my sleeve. I waved bye to Kid and rushed out the door, for once in my life thankful for the pink mini coop that got me out of that situation. When we got outside, Braille was still honking her horn like a mad women.

"So, Fatty I heard about last night. How much did that suck?" Braille looked at me from the rear view mirror. I guess Braille wasn't as bad as I make her out to be. The only few things that really suck about her is (a) she's my sister's best friend and (b) she calls me Fatty.

"Uh, how do you know about what happened last night?" I answered her question with another question.

"Delilah texted me. She even said you got so upset you locked yourself in your room." Braille told me the events of my night as if I was just another person thirsty for gossip, and I knew that she was going to tell everyone else who was.

"Bye." I mumbled when she parked the car in the student lot.

"Later Fatty."

Left foot

Right foot

Head down

Left foot

Right foot

Head down

I bump into people who were having conversations in the middle of the hallway. There were choruses of, 'hey' and 'watch where you're going Fatty.' I rush to my locker and quickly put in the combo. When I woke up in the morning, before leaving my room, I felt like I was on top of the world. The second I opened my door and let all Delilah's negative energy in, my day went down hill.