Performing...

"Harry and Olivia" Mr.Whitmore called mine and Harry's name as we made our way to the top of the class. 

Harry gripped my hand even tighter as we walked to where Mr.Whitmore's desk was. My heart was beating like crazy but Harry's touch seemed to comfort me.

We reached the top a little too quick for my liking and Harry took his guitar out of his case while I stood there awkwardly avoiding the classes intense gaze on us. I looked over Holly, Nicole and Megan aka the Blondes as I now call them because it's the least rude of my nicknames for them...They were all sniggering as usual and making sly jokes about how fat and ugly I am. I've started to just ignore every comment they make about me but that doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt.

After a couple of extremely awkward seconds Harry was ready to go and we could get ready to sing. He started strumming the chords gently on the auburn guitar and we soon started to sing.

White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Harry sang the first lines and my heart litteraly melted at the sound of his voice. It amazed me so much I nearly forgot I had to sing. I quickly recovered and began to sing my notes.

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

We both sang the chorus harmonizing with each other in perfect rhythm while the whole class was silent. I started panicking thinking how much I must have ruined the song. I let Harry down....

After we both finished Harry put his guitar in his case and we went back to our seat. No-one had yet said a word. The teacher finally stood up and his eyes were wide with excitement.

"You two sang...absolutely amazing together." The teacher complimented us and I was shocked. I know he means Harry. He just doesn't want to hurt my feelings. "I think we all know our winners of this weeks project!" He bellowed and let's just say Holly wasn't so thrilled.

**

"Mommy and Daddy win?" Darcy asked looking excited at the thought of her mommy and daddy singing together.

"Yeah Darcy they did. Can you sing like Daddy?" I asked her and her eyes lit up. She nodded eagerly and started singing a few lines of a song she had heard on the radio before that she loves. You'd never believe what it was? One Thing. She seems to love every song that One Direction has brought out. She has no idea....

"Cause you got that One Thing!" Darcy screamed out and started giggling like mad. I smiled at her cuteness. "That was lovely Darcy! Are you going to be a singer like your..Are you going to be a singer when you're a big girl?" I asked my little girl.

"Yeah Mommy!" She squealed and I continued with the story.

**

"What do you mean?! Olivia ruined the whole performance! We should have won!" Holly started snapping at the teacher.

"Now now Ms.Brooks just because you didn't win doesn't mean you have to rain on everyone elses parade now sit down and get back to work!" Mr.Whitmore hit back at Holly and she looked utterly shot by what he said. I could feel her eyes digging into my soul as I took my seat next to Harry again. What is her problem with me? I mean it's not like i'm dating him! Right?

After we won the competition we were told we had to perform that same song in front of the whole school...nothing big right? Yeah nothing big about 800 teenagers right? Yeah right...