Chapter Six

~ Here We Go ~

Was I ready to meet some pack members?

What would they think of me?

Would they be as terrifying as the stories said?

These questions and more ran through my head in a matter of seconds. Yes I was scared but Gabriel was finally letting me in so wasn't going to ruin my chances with him.

" Cass honey are you ready? "

I came back to reality with the soft voice of Katerina talking to me. I nodded my head and started to breathe deeply.

As we came to the end of a winding staircase I could hear voices talking, people laughing , and the slight annoyed growls of my mate. He was probably being made fun of by other members of the pack. Though I couldn't imagine anyone daring to laugh at him.

As we turned the corner I quickly hid behind Katerina's back. The cheerful moment had came to a halt and I was ready to run. Silence filled the air.

When finally I heard Katarina's soft voice telling me to come out from behind her. Though I refused gripping the back of her shirt my head on her back.

Finally Gabriel wrapped his arms around me bringing me to his chest. He sat down on a large recliner with me on his lap. I laid my head on his chest.

As I looked around the silent room watching all the faces I wait for them to speak.

The silence was killing me. It was as if they were all just testing me.

Should I run?

No I can't this is for Gabe, be strong.

I just stayed curled up on his chest a death grip on his shirt.

Finally someone spoke.

I recognized him as one of the men who tried to greet me in the hallway.

" Hello Darling, I'm Blake the beta, sorry for scaring you in the hallway. Katerina always tells me I can come on a little to strong sometimes." He finished with a laugh

With a burst of courage I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him close. Shocking him and me but he kindly hugged me back. Although after a second Gabriel growled and shoved Blake back a little getting mad a our close contact.

Blake went to sit back down with a shy smile on his face. Katerina rubbing his thigh.

Next was a girl who made me feel very self conscious. She had long, curly, blond hair and a gorgeous smile. I thought she would be rude and nasty. She was anything but.

"Hello Cass, can I call you that?"

I nodded

"Ok good um I'm Gemma Gabey's sister."

I felt Gabriel tense under me and growl loudly as I looked up at him giggling at the nickname. I told her hi and waited for her to continue.

" My mate is that doorknob over there." She pointed to a muscular, brown haired guy who sat bouncing a giggling toddler on his lap. He was smiling, dimples showing. The scene made me think as I looked around at these people laughing, having their own conversations, playing with children and just acting like one happy family.

" Your nothing like the stories." I said looking at her and Gabriel

" When I was told about this place it was always terrible stories of angry, bloodthirsty wolves. Killing and pillaging other packs. "

"Well" Gabriel started

"We are a very large and we'll protected pack and as you can tell all of us are quite large and scary. So when people started telling stories and saying things about us that's what we let happen. We had to keep our reputation up. And living up in these dark mountains kinda adds to the illusion. Even if we are terrible to other packs does not mean were are terrible to our own people. We're a family. We protect each other. "

It made since thinking about it. They kept up the illusion to protect each other. Pretty smart if you think about it.

Throughout the day I met many pack members young and old. They didn't scare me anymore. They were my family and I was their Luna. 

___________________________________________

Short I know don't kill me but I was important.

So thanks again for 1.1k I love you all.

QOTD: Who love 5SOS as much as me??

Happy Birthday Lukey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So guys again thanks and in order for me to keep this book going COMMENT, VOTE, AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS. you might see yours in the book if I really like it.

Your all gorgeous.

                                             ~Kisses Jess