26. Intimacy

Her..

"Dean, I'm going to kill myself." I said once I got in his office.

"Why?" He looked up from the laptop's screen.

"There's no way in hell I'm going to remember all those people by tomorrow. They're too many!" I walked over to him.

"Come here." He held my hand and sat me on his lap.

God, I love sitting on his lap, as dirty as that makes me. I never imagined I could be so openly intimate with sombody.

"You're going to be fine. You don't need to remember all of them. You're still new." He kissed my temple and I started to melt in his arms.

How can he do that? He makes me seek his touch more than I want to admit, and he makes my heart race and my stomach knot. How could he affect me so much?

"What are you thinking about?" He whispered.

"Chocolate cake." I smiled.

"What?" He chuckled.

"I want a chocolate cake. The same one you got me last time. I really really want it, I've been dreaming about it ever since." I pleaded.

"Okay, I'll tell Kayla." He kissed my cheek.

"Thank you." I stood up.

"I'm going to call George to come and pick me up, okay?" I announced.

"Why?" He frowned and stood up as well.

"I need to go to the hospital, for the test results." I reminded him.

"Oh, yes. Well, look, honey. Now that you're my executive assistant, you can't go anywhere just by yourself, especially after tomorrow night. You'll need a car and a bodyguard with you at all times." He stated, holding my hands.

"That's ridiculous." I replied.

"This isn't negotiable, Emma. After Tomorrow you can get harassed or even kidnapped. You don't know how those fucking men think. Besides, the paparazzi will be after you every second of the day. You need a bodyguard if not two." He insisted.

"I'm not going to walk around with a bodyguard, Dean. You don't." I pulled my hand out of his to point at him.

"I don't because I can protect myself. Besides, till two years ago I actually had bodyguards." He smiled, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"But I'm not the CEO of one the most well-known fashion corporations in the country." I stated.

Yes, I finally did my homework and googled them.

"No, you're not, but you're hot. And believe me, after tomorrow you won't be able to take a step without the paparazzi following you. Especially if something happened." He warned.

"What do you mean if something happened?" I frowned.

"I mean, if someone tried anything with you, Jake and I will snap and we are not on our best behavior when we snap. So we may cause a scene and you will be more popular and talked about then. Hence, the paparazzi."

"So, I'm not going to be able to, like.. take a walk or something like that?" I asked, worried.

"Alone, definitely not, but you can with me or with the bodyguard I'm going to assign to you." He explained.

"But I don't want to." I whined.

"You don't have a say in this, Emma. By tomorrow, you'll have a bodyguard and a car with a driver." He announced.