A Thug's Redemption 3: The Wrath of Andre

Moments after he pulled up to his apartment complex, four marked cars pulled up also. Jamal looked around at them, puzzled.

“Detective Williams?” one of the officers said to him as he got out of the car.

“Yeah?” Jamal replied, not having a good feeling.

“We need you to come with us,” the officer said.

“What the fuck for?” Jamal asked with hostility.

One of the officers grabbed him and pushed him up against the car.

“What the hell are you doing?” Tiffany asked feeling frightened. Her heart raced as she watched the officers search Jamal and take both of his guns. They then pulled his hands behind his back and slapped handcuffs on him.

“Jamal Williams, you’re under arrest for obstruction of justice. You have the right to remain silent…”

“This is bullshit,” Jamal said as he shook his head.

“Is that even necessary?” Tiffany practically screamed as she tried to follow behind the officer that was walking Jamal to the squad car.

“Ma’am, we’re going to have to ask you to step back,” another officer said as he put a hand in front of Tiffany to stop her.

“Anything you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the state.”

“Man, what the fuck ever,” Jamal snapped as they opened the car door.

“Jamal, what do you want me to do?” Tiffany asked as her eyes became teary.

“Just call Dante and tell him to come to the apartment. Get his number from my cell phone in the car,” Jamal instructed her. He was placed inside of the squad car and the officers got in and pulled off one by one.

Tiffany hurried back to the car to get the cell phone. She saw it but then heard another one ring. She flicked the light on so she could see and saw his other phone that she wasn’t familiar with. She frowned as she picked it up wondering if she should answer it.

“Hello…?” she said tentatively.

Andre paused. “Who is this?”

“You called my boyfriend’s phone. Who the hell are you?” Tiffany replied instantly in a shitty mood after seeing Jamal handcuffed and taken away like some common criminal and then discovering he had a second phone that she knew nothing about.

“Tiffany,” Andre said in a matter of fact manner. “Where’s Jamal?”

“How do you know my name?”

“Never mind that. Where is Jamal?”

“The cops just handcuffed him and took him away,” Tiffany explained trying to keep her composure.

“What the fuck for?” Andre piped, as he stood up.

“Obstruction of justice or something like that. Who are you?” Tiffany asked again.

“Are you home?” Andre asked.

Not knowing who the man was on the other phone, Tiffany disconnected the call. She snatched up Jamal’s other phone and called D-Ball as she headed up to their apartment.

“Yo!” D-Ball answered, thinking it was Jamal.

“Dante! It’s Tiff. They just handcuffed Jamal and took him away,” Tiffany said hastily as she unlocked the apartment door and went inside. She locked all of the locks and set the alarm.