Chapter IV

I walk in to the ice cream shop and see that Chris is sitting in one of the booths with 2 ice creams in his hand. One is mint chip with Kit-Kats (mine) and a sherbet ice cream with gummy bears (his) in the other.

I walk to the booth and kiss Chris on the cheek, taking my ice cream mid kiss.

I sit down across from him and dig my spoon in to the soft, creamy goodness.

"So what was all of the texting about?" Chris asks, his spoon in the ice cream and his eyes on me.

I shrug and put a huge bite of ice cream in my mouth so I wouldn't have to speak.

Sadly, Chris patiently waits for me to stop chewing.

As I swallow, I shrug again and stuff another bite of ice cream in to my mouth.

"Come on Cassidy," He reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "You can tell me."

I sigh and put my spoon down.

I can't tell him that I kissed another boy. He would go berserk. I have to lie to him. It won't be too hard 'cause it's not like it's gonna be the first lie in our relationship.

"Millie wanted us to come back and pick her up from school so she didn't have to go. She's jealous because I'm not there and she is."

I go back to my ice cream and Chris drops my hand.

"Oh. I thought it was something different."

I shake my head and look down at my ice cream, not able to look at him directly.

~~~

I reach my house and sneak inside quietly.

I don't know if Barbra is home or not, but if she is, I don't want to risk the chances of her seeing me at 11:30 when I should be at school.

I walk in to the living room and see my 14 year old sister kissing a boy.

I loudly clear my throat and the my sister pulls away, her face split in to a smile and her cheeks blushing crimson.

"Brian. You know what to do." I jerk my head towards the door.

Brian climbs off of the sofa quickly and runs out of the door. Muttering a good-bye to my sister.

When the door closes I sit down next to my middle sister and take her hands, looking her in the eyes.

"What are you doing here Olivia?"

She looks down at the ground and smiles lightly.

"I just thought that I could get away with it."

I laugh and take my phone out of my back pocket.

"I'm gonna call Chris and tell him to take you back to school."

Olivia nods sadly and gets off the couch.

"I'll get my stuff."

I nod and am about to click on Chris's profile when an unknown number appears on my phone.

"Hello?" I say, hoping that it's not some creepy guy that stalked me since I was little and is about to make his move on me.

"Cassidy."

I roll my eyes and let out a breath of relief.

"Hi Andrew."

"So, what's new in the world of Cass Cass?"

I smile and shake my head lightly.

"No one calls me..."

"I don't care." He rudely interrupts.