The Party Next Door (Chapter 1)

(I TRIED MY HARDEST TO DO THIS FROM A 5 YEAR OLDS POINT OF VIEW)

31st JULY 1998 FRIDAY

I was sitting in my car seat. It’s so annoying. I wish I was a big girl so I didn’t have to sit in this stupid seat. We were moving away from our old house, I don’t know why but my mummy wouldn’t tell me. She always froze when I asked why daddy wasn’t coming and she didn’t answer me once. I don’t know how long it has been but it has past lunch and we left after breakfast.

I didn’t like the kids at school anyways. They always stole my food and drinks and would hit me. Especially one kid, his name was Nathan. He called me a lot of mean things like dumb and ugly. He used to call me a fairy killer as well, only because we had fairy tale dress up day and I wore fairy wings.

Mum had the music blaring threw the speaker: Wannabe by spice girls. I loved that song but I did understand it, but I still sang the part that repeats, even if I didn’t know the words.

If you wannabe my lover you gotta get with my friends,

uufebilfeslbivabihvhfbhvdivd friendship never ends!

“Baby we’re nearly there, you ready to see out new house?” Mummy asked from the front seat. I nodded holding onto my teddy that daddy brought me last time I saw him. It was a small white teddy that was holding a a pink fluffy love hear that said “I love you”.

I looked out the window as we passed a small white house. It was covered with streamers and balloons and there was 5 boys in the front yard. They were running around and one boy had a cricket bat. I laughed at how funny they looked while they were all screaming.

Mummy drove into the driveway of the house next to the crazy boys. Mummy stopped the car and looked at me and smiled.

“Welcome home, now there is 3 bedrooms so you get to pick which room you want first, Better hurry or I’m going to get the best one!” She said point to the house.

 I opened the door and slammed it shut. All the boys looked at me but I just waved. None of them waved back, only the mum.

I ran through the door and ran into every room. I came to the last room on the left side of the house. It was the biggest room in the whole house and had a very big window that faced the nice ladies house.

“Mummy I choose this one!” I yelled at her as I watched her bring in the brown cardboard boxes that labelled my things. I wasn’t sure what it said but it had pictures next to them so I guess they were clothes.

“Why do you get the biggest room?” mum argued dropping the boxes at door and staring at me looking serious.

“Because I got to pick and I have a lot of toys.” I said smiling at her. She laughed a little and then the moving truck man brought in my clothing draws. I put my clothes away while my mummy fixed up my bed and the mover men pulled in my toy chests.

Once I was finished my mum told me to watch TV while they fixed my bed (The TV was brought here before we got here). I was watching Banana in Pyjamas when I heard a knock at the door. My mum was in the bedroom so I answered the door.

When I opened the door the lady from next door was standing there wearing a blue shiny party hat. She smiled and looked down at me and started talking.

“Hello sweetie, where’s your mother?” I stayed quiet for a little while. She looked at me confused and bent down on her knees so she was now my height.

“Don’t worry darling, I’m not going to hurt you, I just want to talk to your Mummy, Is that okay?” She said smiling.

She seemed really nice. I smiled and opened my mouth to talk when my mummy started talking.

“Oh I’m sorry, I was in the bedroom fixing something, Hi I’m Kylie.” Mummy said to the nice lady.

“Hi I’m Gina. Who is this?” She said in a high pitch voice pointing at me.

“This is Emily!” Mummy announced. The lady started talking to mum at the door, I just stood there and gripped onto mummy leg while the talked. As they finished their conversation The lady who I now guess I should call Gina looked at me and then at mum and suggested something.

“Hey my son is having a birthday party, would Emily like to come?” She said with excitement in her voice.

I nodded then started running to my room when mum yelled at me. “Wear something Respectful!” I continued running and searched through my draws for my favourite clothes. I found my white shorts quickly but took me a while to find my shirt. I eventually found my black and white stripy t-shirt that had a big yellow smiley face on the front that my daddy brought me. I quickly pulled the clothes on and rushed to the cardboard box that had a shoe on the side and looked for my yellow gum boots and pulled them on my feet.

My mum walked past the hallway and saw what I was wearing. “What are you wearing? Get that off now!” She yelled walking towards me.

“Please Mummy? I don’t want to be late.” I said struggling to pull the boots over my feet. She rolled her eyes and helped me put the shoes on.

After getting dressed I was ready to go over when I realised I didn’t have a present. I looked at all my toys and found an accordion that my nanny brought me for Christmas. I didn’t usually play with it so I gave it to them.

I told mummy I was ready to go and she opened the front door and she watched me run to their house.

When I got to the house I knocked on the door. Gina opened the door and gave me a hug. She let go and let me inside.

“What’s that for?” She asked pointing to my accordion.

“It’s a present, it is rude to go to a party without a present.” I said smiling at her. She started laughing and led me to the lounge room where a whole bunch of boys were sitting in a circle.

____________________________________________

first proper chapter what do you think? I like the ideas i have for this story so im gonna do this story then maybe a sequel to turning heads than another story! :) <3 xx much love