Introducing Wattpad to psdoffhby

Welcome psdoffhby our latest writer to be interview, husband to Wattpad's own xangelsmomx and father to three children, and the man has managed to let us gain an insight into his world of writing. Thank you. 

Question 1. When did you start writing, and why?

 Well to be honest I think it was about 3 months ago when I wrote my first fantasy. I was just sitting at the computer one day and Tara (xangelsmomx) and I were sending playful emails back and forth. I sent one to her that must have peaked her interest and she told me it was good and I should upload it to Wattpad. The next thing I know I had opened a Wattpad page and was putting words on a page and low and behold it turned into a secret fantasy I desired from her. The next thing I know she read it, liked it and sent the message I had written it to her fans. I started getting comments telling me how they enjoyed it and that they wished for another one. It just took off from there.

Question 2. Do you consider there to be a lack of males on Wattpad? If so how do you feel about it?

I am not real sure. I think the females way out number the guys on here and I think that falls back onto the problem of stereotypes between men and women. Women are the ones society considers to be able to express themselves way better then men. They write from the heart and have a way better ability to express themselves and their emotions. Men are mostly taught from birth to their teen years that men don't do this or that. I think men have just as much as a creative side as women it is just they never want to challenge themselves to try and do what is predominantly controlled by women. Men enjoy a challenge when it involves some type of physical reward. That is why men seem to be the bigger sports fans, mechanics, and other jobs. We like to poke our chest out and say; "Look what I did."  We love the "Good Job" response we get from people and the ability to brag about what we have accomplished. 

Question 3. I see your wife is quite the talented writer also, do you guys write together? Share ideas?

Yes she is a very talented writer and I am her biggest fan and critic. I will honestly tell her what I like and don't like in her stories. I will not give her the yes I liked it when or if I really didn't. There have been a few times when she was writing a story and I couldn't sleep. I would read the last chapter she wrote and actually start writing the next one for her. When she woke up I would leave her a note on the white board in our house telling her I had did it. She would read over it, change certain things to make it hers and then upload it. The general concept was still there but it was her story not mine.

Question 4. Have you ever collaborated with your wife? If not...would you?

Actually I am getting ready to start a short story with about 5 or 6 chapters. I would love for her to collaborate with me on it, but as everyone knows she has so many stories going on I am not sure she will be able to. I think it would be great to work with her in that concept but you never know.  what may or may not happen. Come on Tara collaborate!  

Question 5. What atmosphere do you need to write in?

That really has never been a problem for me. I can write in any atmosphere. With three kids there never really is a dull or quiet moment so I have learned to tone out what ever is going on around me. Once I get an idea in my head I just write it down. If I don't like it I delete all of it and start again.

Question 6. What advice would you give to someone writing their first piece?

This one I can honestly say I have done several times. I always tell them to write what they want or know. Don't worry about cliche's or anything. I just so happen to write what I like and know. I also like the taboo nature of it because even though sex is the most performed activity in the world it is still considered taboo to talk about.  

Question 7. Do you follow a certain structure when writing?

No. I guess what you mean is do i plan what I am going to write. Planning to me takes away from the creativeness of writing. If you plan, outline and then write to me it takes away from the fun in things. It is like following a schedule. While it may get the job done it also can make it boring and repetitive. Now don't get me wrong, if that is the way a person chooses to write more power to them I just can't do it. 

Question 8. What do you think about making character profiles?

Well for certain types of stories it is fine, but for what I write about no. I like to let the person imagine what is going on in their head and to allow themselves to be the people in the story. When you put a face to a story that is who they see when they read the story.  The imagination is a powerful thing when reading. 

Question 9. What made you choose the genre that you write in?

I like the taboo nature of Sex. It is done by almost every creature in the world and while it is alright for people to know that others do it they do not want to hear them talk about it. Sex is the most performed activity in the world. If you think about it right now there are millions of people doing it.

Question 10. Who are some of your inspirations for writing?

I am not a big reader so besides my wife I don't have any. I rarely read books. I mean a few on Wattpad for my close friends. I do not sit in the bed and read a book from start to finish. Last book I can honestly say I started and finished besides my wife's The Rented Husband was Old Yeller and that was over 25 years ago. 

Question 11. If you could meet any writer in the world who would it be?

Well to be honest I would love to be able to get together with a group of Wattpad ladies and their partners for a weekend. It would be fun to meet all of them in person and learn a little bit about them besides what you learn on Wattpad. They make this site so much fun and bringing the different cultures and ethnic backgrounds I feel would make for a very interesting time.  Sounds pretty cool! 

Question 12. Challenge Question - Create an original character in 200 words.

Well I will give it a try. Not sure original can be done so I will just give you a brief description of the story I want to collaborate with my wife on.

Amber was a soon to be high school graduate with her whole life left to live, learn and discover. The only problem was she was in love. Every since freshman year she had been in love with the boy that she had never talked to much less showed interest in. He was just your average teenage boy. He wasn't the super jock or popular guy, he wasn't the nerdy smart guy he was just himself. Amber knew she loved him but how to get him to notice her was a whole different story. She had never had sex so that was out, she would never just admit her love to him. What was she to do? How would she do it? So many questions with so little answers.  I feel like the average boy! 

I would like to thank you for taking the time to interview me. I hope you enjoy the responses as do the Wattpad readers. Ciao.  

Check out Poetry Of My Male mind by @psdoffhby I am certain you will be moved.