Chapter 10

READ THIS!
*Clears throat* My apologies for writing in shouty capitals but I wanted to make sure that everyone reads this.

This story is now on the romance list at #688 and it's all thanks to YOU. Your support, votes and comments has made it possible for this story to get on that list. So thank you.

Let's push this story ahead! I'm aware there are a bunch of mistakes in this story so I'm soon going to go back and correct them.

Also, thank you everyone who have fanned me and added this story to their library. It means a ton.

Now! On to the chapter!

*Unedited*

Bianca spent the evening getting to know Luke's family and vice versa. It was like a small family get-together. There were Salvay family friends present as well. She communicated with his aunts and uncles and learnt that their children, who were around Ethan's and Luke's age would be present during their wedding too. That made her wonder about the number of people to witness her become Mrs. Salvay.

She had a glass of soft drink in her hand as she moved around the room. Every time she caught him watching her she'd try not to blush and think about the intimacy they had shared not too long ago.

When someone placed their hand on her shoulder, she turned around. Rosabella smiled at her. "You look beautiful." Bianca smiled back and thanked her for her compliment.

"I think now is a good time for me to talk to you about certain things. Come with me." She said. Bianca nodded but her eyes showed her slight worry.

She ditched her glass and they walked into the privacy of a library and got comfortable on the two arm chairs near the fire place, with a small wooden round table in between them.

"You're soon going to be a part of this family." She started. "And I feel that there must be a few things that need to be discussed." She kept her wine glass on the wooden table and looked at Bianca seriously. "I am aware that Luke and you share no feelings of love. I also know that he was the one to suggest this marriage."

Bianca looked down at her hands and nodded slowly, half expecting her to call off the wedding or refusing to accept the child she carried.

"It's important for you to know why he did that because I'm sure he didn't tell you about it." Bianca looked at her in confusion. Was there another reason behind Luke's proposal apart from making sure that he had an undeniable right over his child?

She rested her back against the chair and stared at the fire place. "My husband left us as soon as Ethan was born. We were struggling to put food on the table as it is, but when he left, I thought we'd die of hunger because he was the one earning a living for all four of us." Bianca's lips parted a little in shock, not believing that the family that had so much wealth today had once struggled to feed themselves.

"I didn't want any support from my family. I was just too ashamed of my 'love'" she chuckled bitterly. "So, I never told them about our situation. I never told them that the person I thought I loved with all my heart had left me because he realized he didn't want to have the responsibility of a wife and two young kids." Rosabella had a far off look on her face, as if she was re-living her tough times.

"Sometimes I think that my kids were the ones to suffer more. I was old enough to at least deal with it all. But Luke was 6 years old and Ethan was about two. I remember Luke's innocent eyes questioning me about his father. Ethan wasn't old enough to know what was going on but it exposed Luke to the hardships of living in this world earlier than I would have liked." She smiled at Bianca sadly who was looking at this family in a totaly different light.