Chapter 2

Enjoy!!!

🌸🌸🌸

Zat!

A loud slap echoed through the catacombs of the harem. Nadiya held her flaming cheek. It burnt as if her aunt hadn't slapped her but set fire to her cheek.

"You... Brat! How did you fall?"

She screeched. Tears stung her eyes but she wouldn't let them fall. She would never give her aunt the pleasure to see that she had hurt her.

"He was the imperial prince for heavens sake!"

"You could've been his mistess, better yet his wife, a queen!"

"And you ruined it all!"

Sara kept on ranting while Nadiya's mind was reeling. She had to escape this place. She felt disgusted here. There were un imaginable rules of the harem. She hated it all! The dressing, the perfumes, all of it! She wanted to be free and for that she had to escape no matter what. Escaping from the harem was an offense and you could be beheaded if caught. But Nadiya was willing to take that risk. If she was caught then death would relieve her of this miserable life, in any way, it was a win win situation.

🌸🌸🌸

Jellal swiped the sweat from his brow. He spent his mornings training in sword fighting.

"Ah little brother, up early, I see?"

Jellal turned to meet his brother Salim. Salim and him were brothers. While Jellal's mother was the queen, Salim's mother was the mistress. He was a bastard. But Jellal didn't mind it. He was in every way a brother to him.

"Yes, come on, it's been long since we both had a duel!" Jellal insisted. Salim raised his brow.

"Are you sure, little brother?" Salim asked grabbing a sword and swinging it.

They both picked out stances. Both waited for the other one to make a move. Salil grunted and swung his sword. Jellal defended it easily.

"You're getting better! Little brother." He said circling.

Jellal made a move and Salim barely avoided it. Jellal kept on parrying. Again and again. Till Salim was down. Jellal smirked.

Salim grabbed his leg and yanked him down. He stood up and pointed the sword to his neck.

"You're getting better, little brother, but I'm the best!" He said smirking and then laughed, pushing out his hand to help. Jellal grinned and took it in his hand.

🌸🌸🌸

As evening rolled in. Jellal was anxious. More anxious than ever. He had a strong urge to meet the raven haired beauty. So, why not meet her then? He thought. He was the imperial prince. He could have anything, right? He sighed. Maybe he should call her in and spend the night and maybe she'll be out of his mind.

Nadiya was combing her hair when her aunt broke into her chambers.

"Oh Dear Nadiya, you sweet child! You've done it!"

Nadiya frowned. What had she done? Her aunt seemed unusually happy. Something didn't feel right.

"The prince! The imperial prince wants you tonight!"

She choked. What? Oh no! This couldn't be happening. She couldn't give her virtue. She shouldn't be sold off like this. Her mind whirled.

"Listen Nadiya!" Her aunt said grabbing her shoulders. "Please him! Make him happy! That's the only way you'll gain a position in court."

She nodded. What other option did she have? The prince's invite had brought chaos. A hundred maids were attending her. One combed her hair and sewed in jasmine flowers other one applied henna on her finger tips. She dreaded this. All of this.

After gruesome two hours, she was finally ready. She felt anger surge through her. What did he think of himself? Making her dress like a doll and for what? To please him! Arrogant Jerk! She cursed in her native tongue.

She was escorted the prince's chambers. She was thoroughly checked by an eunuch. And one of the guards went in to inform the prince.

🌸🌸🌸

"She's here, you're highness!" A guard said bowing before him.

"Send her in!" He said dismissing him.

He drank the sweet wine and stared at the door. She entered in with the sweet chimes of her anklets. She was wearing a thin muslin robe and he quite liked the sight. Her face was covered with a veil. She curtsied before him.

He was so dazed by her. He didn't notice, she just stood there.

"Drop the veil!" He ordered. He wanted to see her beautiful face again.

She took of her veil and let it fall to the ground. Her eyes were downcast and she fidgeted with her fingers. He went near her and whispered,

"Look at me.."

Her eyes were the most beautiful thing about her. She kept looking down. Jellal didn't like that. He went to her and lifted her chin up to meet his face.

She glared at him. He didn't quite notice it as he closed his eyes and leaned in to kiss her.

Nadiya froze. He kept on kissing her, urging her to kiss him back but she couldn't. She didn't want to.

Jellal pulled away. He felt like kissing a corpse. When he kissed a woman, they swooned and held on to him. This woman just stood there doing nothing.

Confused, he led her to the bed and made her sit. He kissed her again and still nothing! That infuriated him.

"Kiss me woman!" He growled!

She glared at him and stood up abruptly!

"I don't know how to! You jerk!" She said through gritted teeth.

Jellal was shocked for two reasons. One, how come she didn't know how to kiss? and two, she was the first one to talk to him like that.

"How? Have you never been with a man?"

She took a deep breath before answering.

"No."

He stared at her. She was a virgin. That's why she seemed so unexperienced. She's innocent. And maybe she didn't want to spend the night with him at all.

"Do you not want this? Do you not consent to this?"

   After a moment of silence, she answered,

"No. I don't"

He shook his head. He wanted her.

But this turned to something else. He couldn't take her virtue let alone take her against her will. He wasn't someone like that. He found it revolting.

"Ah, then good night then!" He said.

Nadiya watched in shock as he picked up a cushion and went on to sleep on the diwan.

"You're not going to...?" She asked.

"No. As much as I'd love to, I don't like it forcefully! I'm not a brute." He said letting out a loud yawn.

Soon enough he was asleep. Nadiya's joy knew no bounds. She thanked the heavens for all that happened and climbed on the bed and slept too.

🌸🌸🌸

A/N: Vote & Comment!

Edited on 19.11.23