It Happened One Summer

So this is the new story that I've been writing up & I hope you guys like it...Please tell me what you think & if I should continue or not...

Dedicated to kauigirl for helping me with naming this story...

******************

Have you ever had one of those days where all you seem to do is sit back and think about everything that had happened in your life? All the events that led up to where you were right that second? Well, it was one of those days for Bryn Taylor. She was sitting at her kitchen island running her pointer finger along the rim of her glass. It was late and she knew that she should be sleeping but, it was one of those nights where sleep was not going to come easy. She had gotten home over an hour ago after working a 12 hour shift at the diner. 

Bryn stared down at her cup of water and sighed. Her mind wanted to race off to thoughts that she would rather not think about. Things that she would rather not remember. It was always on nights that she couldn’t sleep that the memories would plague her. She didn’t want that to happen though, she didn’t want to remember, not tonight. But, it just couldn’t be helped. 

~*~

Summer ‘07

The Summer break was coming to an end and Bryn couldn’t have felt more down about it. She had been having the time of life visiting some family that she hadn’t seen in a long time. Bryn didn’t know when she would be able to see them again. When Summer was over she was heading back home to finish out her last year as a high school student before heading off to college. She had been lucky that her grams had allowed her to fly half way across the country to visit the only family that she had left on her fathers side. 

They lived in a little town that had a total of 2200 people (give or take a few). To some that may not seem little but, it was to her. Bryn had spent most of her life living on the upper east side of Manhattan, so 2200 people was like a two block radius there. It wasn’t until a few years ago that she moved with her grandmother to her mothers home town of Browning, Maine. It wasn’t the hustle and bustle of New York but, still pretty fast pace in it’s own right and a welcomed change. 

Bryn’s mother had died during child birth leaving her father to raise her on his own as best he could. She had no complaints growing up, she had gotten the love that every child needs. Though her father wasn’t around from most of her childhood years due to working hard to maintain his international distributing company that he had started when he and Bryn’s mother first met. By the time she was seven years old her father was a millionaire and she was living the high life. He had also done a lot of investing and stock buying that earned him a ton of money. They had an endless supply of staff and a never ending list of nannies and tutors that pretty much raised Bryn when her father was not around. 

Whenever her father had any free time he would whisk her away on trips around the globe. By the time Bryn was 12 she had been to just about every continent and too many countries to count. In the spring of 2004 her father died of a fatal heart attack, leaving a 14 year old Bryn in the hands of her grandmother (her mother’s, mother). His company was left to Bryn but, his second hand man would run it until she was old enough to do it herself. Bryn had bank accounts filled to the brim with money that she didn’t know what to do with. There really was no use for the money since her grams had a bunch of money herself. 

“Are you going to finish getting ready or do you plan on staring at the wall for the rest of the night?” Bryn’s cousin Tasha asked walking into the room that she had been staying in over the break.