2. Anika

I hope you like it. Enjoy! And Please Vote and Comment ;)

<3 Misty93

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Anika**

“Calm down, Honey. Just calm down and tell me what is wrong!”

There was way too much screaming coming through the phone to understand a single word that she was telling me. From what I could catch of it, some one has been through her apartment.

“Is there anything missing? Any jewelry? Any art? Anything?

“No, no, no, no, no, no,” Honey cried into the phone. No matter how much I try to console her she just cries more. “Why do these things have to happen to me, Niki? Why me?”

“I-I…” I couldn’t answer. Never in my life have I gone through the things that she’s gone through. I can’t even begin to compare the two of us, it would take all day. What am I supposed to say to someone who you know you can’t make feel any better?

“Hold on for just a second, okay Honey? I’m not hanging up, I’m just calling Ted, okay?”

She cried an okay into the phone and I dialed Ted up on three-way.

“Hello?” He answered, thank God. I just don’t know what to do to help Honey, but Ted, maybe he’d know.

“You have to get to Honey’s house right away,” I say quickly. Who knows what she might do on her own there. I explained everything to him--at least as much as I got from Honey--and he hung up with the promise to see her. The phone call only lasted a whole minute, if that. I clicked back on the other line. Honey was still there.

“I just don’t know what to do anymore,” Honey told me. Her voice was so soft now, as if she has lost all hope.

“Listen Honey. I know I’m not the greatest person to be giving out advice, or anything, but God only gives people what they can handle right? You’re a very strong, independent woman who doesn’t need help from anybody, as far as I’m concerned. This is just a small bump in the road before you can tear up that highway, okay?” I hope she understood what I was saying, because I sure was having a hard time following it.

“I guess you’re right,” she says, and I sigh in relief. “But I---” she started crying again, mid-sentence. I had no idea what the hell she was saying until she told me she had to go because Ted had finally shown up. I hear him swear pretty loud in the background right before I hear the dial tone of my house phone.

“Okay, then,” I sighed to myself. I set down the receiver and walked downstairs. Joe was in the dining room, legs crossed, reading the newspaper and drinking tea. He didn’t say anything as I approached him.

“Hey, Joe, wat’ya up to?”

“Reading, Miss.” His eyes didn’t so much as flicker from the pages between his fingers.

“Yes, I see.”

There was an awkward silence, but I was used to it. Joe was full of them. And sometimes, I guess they’re even comforting. Most people don’t get to enjoy silence in their everyday lives. But then again, most people don’t have a chauffeur/butler as their guardian.

Finally, Joe looked up. He slid his tiny glasses up his magnificently crooked nose as if to see me better, and cleared his throat. “Is there something you need Anika?”