Look at me now.10

I jumped away from Justin, and turned around to see who it was, even though I could tell from the voice.

Kurt was walking towards us, and even though me and Justin weren't doing anything, I felt so guilty.

"Nikki." Kurt said again, his face twisting in disgust, as he saw I was with another guy.

"Kurt." I said, rushing over to him. Justin followed me.

"I thought you told me you weren't cheating!" Kurt said, with a sigh. The pain in his eyes was awful.

"I'm not cheating, Justin and me aren't even friends!" I cried, the tears returning.

"We aren't?" Justin said, now he was looking hurt too.

"Well...I guess we kinda are, but just friends!" I sniffled.

"Just friends? Yeah right. I saw how close you were." Kurt said, looking angry now, as he looked at Justin."Yes, just friends!" I whispered. "You know I wouldn't hurt you." I tried blinking back the tears, but they were too strong.

Kurt just shook his head at me.

"I thought I could trust you, Nik." He said. The tears flowed faster.

"You can! Me and Justin aren't together!" I was nearly screaming in the street. But Kurt was that important to me. I didn't want to lose him, especially not like this.

"No, Nikki, I can't trust you." He said, still glaring at Justin.

"Please." I whispered, I didn't know what else to say.

"No Nikki, I can't, we're done. It's over." He said, then he just walked past us, and stormed off down the street.

I felt as if someone had punched me.

Kurt had finished me.

I just stood there, in the street crying.

Justin looked at me, looking a bit guilty.

Nikki, I'm so sorry." He whispered, I guess he didn't want to scare me, because he probably thought I was having some kind of brake down.

Kurt had finished me. That was the thought that kept whirling through my mind. I just stood there in the street, staring after Kurt, until he was a tiny little shape. Then he was gone.

Just like our relationship.

I felt as if someone had punched a hole through me.

"It's......not.......your.....fault." I managed to say, inbetween the sobs and sniffles.

"Come on, lets get you home." Justin said, as we started walking again.

Justin was really kind to me all the way, trying to cheer me up.

He dried the tears, but the hole was throbbing inside me. Nikki, I really am sorry, if theres anything I can do, just tell me." Justin said, as we walked up to my front door.

"It's fine." I said, trying to smile, but it totally failed.

"Well, I guess I'll see you at school." Justin said, then he turned and walked away.

I opened the door, ran up to my room, and cried.

I didn't know it was possible for a person to have so many tears inside of them. But it must have been, because I had proved it.

I grabbed my phone, and texted Kurt at-least twenty times.

But he wouldn't text back.

I curled up in a tiny ball on my bed, clutching my phone to my chest. I was crying so much, it was hard to breath, and the hole was not much help.

So, I had won over Justin (who I had been crushing on for ages), but lost my boyfriend Kurt. Okay, so we hadn't been dating that long, but still. He was my first love, and I had lost him, just like that.

Once I could breath, I went to my bathroom. The cool water that I splashed on my face felt good. I was glad that I didn't put too much makeup on earlier, I only had a few little smudges under my eyes.

Then I went downstairs, and sat with my mom.

I hugged her, told her that I loved her, and told her that I went to dad's place. I didn't mention Justin, but she didn't need to know.

I also told her that dad wanted to talk to her. Mom, dad wants to talk to you about me." I said, I had stopped all the lying now, I was always going to tell her the truth.

"What do you mean, about you?" Mom asked me.

"About rules and stuff mom, he says I should have more boundries and things." I told her. I really wished that she would agree. That way I wouldn't have to lie to be popular.

"Ohh, and is that what you want, dear?" Mom asked.

"Of course it is mom!" I laughed.

"Well, I might have to have a word with your dad then." She said.

Yes! Finally I might be allowed more freedom. More popularity.

So maybe I had lost Kurt, but at-least I was back on track with my mom. That night I had a peaceful sleep. I didn't dream much, and Rachel was so quiet that I had almost forgotten that she was there.

But that was all shattered when I woke up abs remembered. School.

My mom said I could have another day off, but that wasn't what I wanted. I knew that I would have to face it one day, so why not now.

Rachel wasn't going to school again, so she said that she would help me get ready.

She must have gotten a little bored yesterday because she had totally customized my uniform. The skirt was even all done using my mom's sewing machine aswell. Wow, Rachel was taking this seriously.

The skirt looked great though, it was tiny and oh so tight. Even the ugly knee high socks looked quite good, and instead of my school shoes and satchel, I had some cute pumps and a gorgeuos tote.

I walked out of the door, and was totally shocked when I saw who was waiting for me at the end of the street

Oh my god.

Justin was at the end of my street. Justin was at the end of my street, looking totally hot.

I looked around, checking that it was me he was waiting for, and not anyone else. But it was pointless, the only other people who lived down here were old, or families with young children.

Justin was waiting for me!

Once he saw me he walked over, but he wasn't smiling. If he wanted to see me, wouldn't he be smiling? Or maybe this was some kind of joke, okay, so my dad was dating his mom, but that doesn't make us best friends or anything.

"Nikki, hey." He said, still not smiling.

"Hi, Justin." I said back.

"Look, I'm so sorry about yesterday, and well every other day." He said, as we started walking.

So it wasn't a joke. He really wanted to talk to me!

So, I was feeling like really bad, so Sarah said I should, you know, watch out for you, at school and stuff." He said, as we turned the corner towards school. We were nearly there now, a few more minutes and we were there. I wondered what people would think when they saw me walking with Justin. What would they think when they saw me?

Also, Sarah thought I was some kind of pathetic loser. Great. Okay, so she was only dating my dad, but still.

We reached the gates, and I stopped for a minute.

Was I ready for this?

"Nik, what's up?" Justin asked, waiting for me.

"Ummmm, nothing." I laughed, then I took a deep breath and walked through the gates with him.