Falling into the darkness

I entered the camp where a few people were warming up, I could remember the time I did that too, good times, good times... I approached the receptionist, he was a short bold man, he was old, he's eyes were grey.

        I joined the competition, officially, I took out my equipment and played Skillet - Rebirthing. The newbie's looked at me when I played the song, they liked the song, it was written all over their faces, I liked that.

      Soon, a few more people joined, and when they were ready, the competition was about to begin. We went to our positions, after a few seconds, we were all ready.

      The judge, who was that old man. explained the rules, whoever reaches the summit first, wins, and the other rules were, none.

       The judge pronounced the beginning and I stabbed my pick into the mountain wall, I pulled myself up quickly and did the same with the other pick, this was easy, at least easier than the last one, this mountain was softer.

        I reached one pointy rock soon after, I stabbed the hook in it and moved one, the hook was just a safety measure, I just hope the rock will hold if I fall, but there's a really small posibility for that to happen.

      I looked at the other competitors, the newbie's were still at the bottom, but the other ones seemed to be more experienced, one was even catching up to me, I didn't expect that, but I didn't expect myself to be the only pro around.

       I kept going till the next pointy rock, I pulled up the hook and stabbed it again, this rock was a little bit sturdyer. I moved on, the mountain was still prety soft, but my wondering was stopped by a sudden scream, I looked down, the noobs just reached the first pointy rock and placed a hook, but unfortunately they fell soon after, luckily I underestimated the pointy rock, it did hold out.

        I sighed and moved on, the rain became harder in the meantime, but I kept moving on. The summit was near, I could see it, I kept going on until I reached the pointy rock, I pulled up the hook again, now the other people were far behind me, I guess I am the only pro here, who'd say?

        I finally reached the summit, a light mist was swirling around it, I stood up by the cliff and shouted. ,, I win! '' My voice echoed, the judge showed me a thumbs up and shouted back. ,, Wait until the rest of the people come, then we will come and get you all. '' He's voice echoed too, he was bored, highly.

        I went to the other side of the cliff and looked down, there was a tight forest in there, but it seemed too dark when I looked at it, and then I saw something, there was something in the woods, it was stout black, it moved through the forest quickly, and then it got out of the forest, a part of it spread through the forest, and the other side spread up the mountain, and then lightning hit the cliff, it caused an avalanche, I didn't have enough time to react, one moment I was watching the darkness, the other one I was falling towards it.

        I tried to catch the hook to throw it up and save myself, but a sharp rock hit the ropes that were tying my equipment and my equipment was lost, just great.