Fifteen

Before we begin, I'd like to ask you to please at least skim the author's note at the end!  Thanks a bundle, enjoy!!

~~

Day 20.  Currently, Breton, Peter, and I are on our way to the school.  It’s about five o’clock in the evening on a Saturday.  Why are we going to school you ask?  We’re going to get Dallas back.  Not that he was ever really away from us, basically we’re trying to get him to forgive me.  Breton’s here because he’s “watching us to make sure there is not any funny business”.  I don’t know why he insists on thinking that Peter and I have feelings for each other.  Boys are weird.  Besides, Breton is the one that took my first kiss.  If anything, it would make the most sense for Peter to be watching Breton and I for “funny business”, which isn’t going to happen, so really no one needs to watch anyone.  Except Dallas, we all need to watch Dallas.

“Is she listening?” Breton asked Peter from the front of the car.  I ignored them and kept writing.

I really hope Dallas will forgive me.  He’s a good friend, I screwed up big time.  Besides, if I can get the bad boy to forgive me, Dallas shouldn’t be a problem.  

“The two of you aren’t dating?”  Breton and Peter spoke quietly in the front seats while George kept me company in the back.

“No way.  I know how you feel about her.  Besides, Georgie is like my little sister.”

I perked up as I heard my name, but kept my head down and pencil on the page as the cousins continue to discuss.

Breton’s voice got really quiet.  “So, do you think I screwed up?  When I kissed her?”

“Nah.  It was her first kiss, I’m pretty sure threatening you is the natural reaction,” Peter laughed.

Abruptly, the car came to a stop in the middle of the street.  My head flew forward in between the driver’s seat and shotgun, then jerked back to hit my headrest.  I blinked hard and restored my vision, then watched as Breton’s body twisted around in his seat so he was facing me.

“I was your first kiss?” he questioned.  Stunned, I just nodded.  Is this where the bad boy tells the good girl it was a mistake, and he was sorry, then the good girl’s feelings get hurt and she silently muses on how it wasn’t a mistake to her?  Because that seems really cliche.

“Georgie, why didn’t you tell me?”  I guess this conversation wouldn’t be taking a cliche route after all.

“How exactly do you bring it up in a conversation?  ‘Hey Breton, remember two seconds ago when you kissed me?  While that was the first time someone else’s lips have ever touched my own!  Congratulations, have some cake!’  I didn’t see that going over real well.  Plus, I was busy being stunned.”

“Ooh, is he really that good of a kisser?”  As Breton and I turned to look at him incredulously, Peter winked and made kiss faces.  “Don’t mind me, please.  Continue with your little make-out session.”

“Thank you,” I said.  “Wait, we weren’t making out!”

“But you want to?” Peter asked.

“Leave it Pete,” Breton warned, before turning back around in his seat and continuing to drive.  Thankfully, there hadn’t been any other cars on the street, or we would be roadkill.

After a brief awkward silence, I spoke up.  “So, what’s the plan to get Dallas’ forgiveness?”

“Alright Georgie, this is a complicated two-step plan, so stay with me.  Step one is we find Dallas.  Step two, you say sorry.  End mission,” explained Peter.