Chapter 5

You walked into school on Monday morning and looked down the halls hopefully, unconsciously searching for Aaron in the sea of students. You were a little nervous as to what the boys would be like. You had talked with Nina and Adelynn all weekend, all three of you weary as to how the boys would act.

"Do you see them?" Adelynn asked, looking up at Nina who stood in front of you two. She pulled a face and narrowed her eyes as she scanned the halls carefully.

"No. I don't think so." She said and walked forward, fighting to get to her locker. You did the same and waited for it to be slammed closed by Aaron but it wasn't. You looked down the hall at Adelynn who was smiling faintly as she got her books for her morning classes.

You got your things and walked with Adelynn to TV Broadcasting feeling on edge. Something felt really off but you couldn't tell what. People seemed to be staring but when you looked around no one was, you were just imagining it.

"Hey, how's your head?" Adelynn asked suddenly as she typed her login for the schools computer. You turned and looked at her, your hand lifting to feel the bump under your hair.

"Not too bad. It had its own heartbeat for a little while but the swelling went down." You answered, trying to get a grip. You had unedited footage that needed to be fixed for the intro to the morning show and if it wasn't done by Friday, you were screwed.

"Well that's good. By the way, don't turn around but Jacob and Carter are here. They haven't looked over here." She said quietly, not turning away from her work. You rolled your eyes and began editing, your fingers flying over the keyboard as you deleted and moved footage.

Jacob and Carter kept to themselves the whole period, causing trouble with the teacher instead of you two. By the time it got to fourth period you were baffled to say the least. No word from any of the guys at all, nothing except daunting glances from across the room.

You took your seat next to Nina and Adelynn, staring ahead at the board which currently depicted the female menstruation cycle. How nice.

You knew Dillon, Jack, Jacob and Aaron had all taken their usual seats in the back of the class directly behind you but they were talking quietly amongst themselves. Nina waited patiently for an outburst, her nails clicking on the desk loudly as Adelynn filled out her paper again, the only one in the class actually doing her work.

"Do you think they're pretending that nothing happened?" Nina asked anxiously.

"For your sake, I hope so. Didn't you slap Jacob across the face?" You asked with a smile and Nina blushed and sighed heavily.

"I was a little tipsy, okay? And besides, he deserved it." She said simply. She glanced over at Adelynn who was chewing her bottom lip as she looked through her textbook, flipping pages quickly.

"Are you really doing the work?" Nina asked and you giggled as Adelynn nodded, not looking up from the brick red health book.

You could've sworn one of the guys mutter "nerd" under their breath but you couldn't be sure and to be completely honest, you didn't want to be the one to start anything over nothing.

A little later you stopped at your locker to get your lunch and switch out your books when you saw Aaron walking down the crowded hallway toward you. A burst of energy ran through you and you pretended not to see him, instead grabbing your History book which was heavy as hell.

All of a sudden it was hit out of your hands and slammed onto the ground with a solid and echoing thud. You looked up in surprise, your jaw hanging open and your eyes wide as a smirking Aaron proceeded to walk right by you. It felt like the whole hallway was looking at you.