Chapter 4 Pretty When You Cry

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Don't come through babe,

You never do.

Because I'm pretty when I cry" 

Chapter 4

Chains, I can feel its weight against my arms. And the ground... It's cold and hard, making my back a lot more sore than I ever wanted it to be. But aside from the icy sting, I could feel blood dripping down the side of my face. 

As I was regaining my consciousness, I could hear voices all around me. There were some words that I had managed to pick up. 

 "...I don't know, but she wouldn't tell me which gang she was from. I thought she was a cop at first, but then again, she was in the alley way," I heard Callum's voice explain.

"Do you think she's part of the smaller gangs? The ones that are trying to kill us?" another voice sounded. But this one was different, it seemed a little younger. "Why else would she be waiting for one of us to leave the bar?"

"We don't know for sure yet, Nate. I guess well question her when she wakes up," the third man asked.

I heard footsteps walking closer to me, and a shadow loom over my body. Then a pair of hands grabbed onto my waist to lift me upright. I groaned from the soreness in my back. The slightest movement caused my muscles to ache.

A rough hand grasped onto my chin, angling my head to look upwards. I slowly opened my eyes.

"Wake up." I stared back at the piercing green eyes, who was strangely too close for comfort.

"...Callum..." I croaked. My throat was dry and I was slightly confused. "Where am I?" I tried to move my hands, but then again, I was chained to a wall. "What?..." I trailed off looking at the chains.

"I told you to lookout." Callum smirked. "Now look where you are." 

There were two men behind Callum. One looked slightly younger than the rest, whom I assumed was Nate. The older one, the one with green eyes and brown hair...

"You," I croaked. "You're the one that actually managed to catch me."

My lips pulled into a frown. If only I remembered that this was a gang. A gang that could very easily get their hands on scopolamine drugs. The victim wakes up with no recollection of what happened. For all I know, they could have asked me to kill myself, and I would have done it.

The man with the green eyes walked over to me, and Callum moved aside for him to crouch down.

"What's your name?" he asked sternly.

"Bond. James Bond." 

Before I could even see it, a punch came flying to my jaw. It would have hurt a lot more, if it wasn't for the adrenaline I could feel running through my veins. I wanted to punch him back, but these chains only go so far.