Witness

"Do you want anything else?" Maddison asked me as she gave me the glass of water she forced upon me.

"No, thank you." I said, trying to sound as polite as I could. In reality I was uncomfortable. I was sitting in this torn up couch, watching these blood stained walls with glass everywhere on the floor, making me wonder how she could live in such a place."Don't you think you should clean up a bit? Not to sound rude or anything, but I think it would be better for you." I said as I looked up at her, her arms were crossed protectively and she looked everywhere but me, she was probably uncomfortable as much as I was.

"Why? It would just end up like this the next day." She said, her voice so low that I was surprised I even heard her. "Anyway, why're you here?"

"I wanna know if it's real." I said. Not really bothering with making a stupid excuse that won't work.

"It is. Do you think my house would be like this," She said, gesturing everything around her, "if it wasn't?"

"Possibly." I answered.

She groaned as she ran both her hands through her hair roughly, making her hair stick up more than it was. I sighed through my nose slightly. "Whatever. It is, I just wanted to vent, but it turns out instead of feeling as if I'm better, I feel worse. Thanks." She spat.

I raised my arms defensively, "I'm only human."

"Yeah, well, so was Steven before he turned to... to that!" She screamed at me.

As if on cue, something shattered on the floor, it sounded like a plate. It must've since it came from the kitchen. "Oh, no..." I heard Maddison whisper. I saw as she ran from where she was standing to the kitchen and I followed.

If I thought the living room was bad, then the kitchen was way, way worse. Glass was spread in every single corner and plates were on the floor, shattered. I saw as she was looking at one of the many open drawers, wide eyes. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"This drawer wasn't open..." She whispered, mostly to herself.

"How do you know? There're a lot of open dr-"

"The plate came from here and it's not shattered on the ground! It couldn't have just decided by itself, 'hey I'm gonna jump off' now could it?!" She yelled at me. She was shacking all over. "He's back, heh, I'm not as surprised as I thought I'd be. Guess I'm getting used to it."

"Okay, Maddison, come here... It's dangerous here." I said calmly, gesturing with my hands as I stretched my hand out for her to grab. When she didn't I just grabbed her by the arm and forced her to get out. She didn't fight, she was just breathing heavily.

When we finally got out of the kitchen and entered the living room, what we saw, I didn't expect. It definitely wasn't there before, and Maddison seemed to know it too. Her eyes might've as well popped out of their sockets, because she looked almost as shocked as me.

The walls, something was written on them, in blood. It was recent, because it was still dripping. It was obvious to tell that it wasn't red paint, mostly because of the stench of blood. I felt myself cover my mouth as I read the message written by an unknown author. Maddison tugged on my sleeve, I could feel her shake.

"Jeffery, is this enough proof for you?"

I didn't answer, I was reading the message over and over in my head.

You cant get away from I even if you have company, dear Maddie ~

I felt anger rush through my veins. Basically at myself. Call me crazy but it either this is a prank or it's true. And I was mostly angry at myself because it was unlikely for someone to go this far for a prank.

So it was true?

Maybe.

Was I convinced?

For the most part.

Would I help?

Without a doubt.