Chapter 16

Brayden watched as Kendall scooped Liam, who was covered in orange icing, up into her arms. The party had ended leaving Brayden and Luke cleaning up the patio while Kendall gave Liam a bath and Jeska helped Rita in the kitchen.

"Are you sure you're okay watching Liam for a couple days?" Brayden asked as he tied the bag filled to the brim with trash closed.

Luke fell in step with his younger brother as they made their way down the driveway to toss the two bags of trash into the garbage.

"Are you kidding? Jes loves watching him and mom talked me into letting him staying here for a few days." 

"I guess I should've seen that one coming." Brayden chuckled. "Did you pick up the playpen from the apartment?"

"Yeah, Jes already set it up in the guestroom."

Brayden nodded. "Then it looks like we're all set."

"So Kendall doesn't know about the little getaway you planned?"

"Nope," Brayden laughed. "But I thought a week away from everyday life would be good for everyone. We get some time to ourselves while you guys get to spend some time with Liam."

"Win-win," Luke agreed just as they walked into the house and into the kitchen.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"What are you up to?" Kendall asked as she buckled herself into the passenger seat of Brayden's truck. "Luke and Jes have Liam and apparently you took the liberty to pack the clothes I'm going to wear for the week. So please put me out of my misery and tell me where you're taking me?"

Brayden chuckled and shook his head. "You're so controlling," he said while giving her knee a playful squeeze. 

Kendall playfully rolled her eyes. "No I'm not, but if I agree will you tell me?"

He shook his head and kept his eyes trained on the road as Kendall's hand slid over top of his before intertwining their fingers together. The drive up to the cabin was quiet the rest of the way despite Brayden knowing it was killing Kendall that he wasn't telling her where he was taking her.

"Have you figured it out yet?" Brayden asked after taking an exit that took them off the highway.

Kendall's eyes were trained on the dark road that was partially lit from the streetlights that were distant figures in Brayden's rearview mirror. Despite it being pitch black outside, she felt like she knew exactly where she was.

"No, but I think I have an idea of where you're taking me."

The street lights soon disappeared behind them as the road lead them away from the small town shops until there was nothing but trees on both sides of the road. When Brayden turned the truck onto a small rocky road she figured out where they were.

"There she is," Brayden pulled up outside a quaint little cabin that was perched atop a hill overlooking a lake. 

"The lake," Kendall smiled at how quiet and peaceful everything was. The only sound to be heard was the sound of crickets chirping in the trees. "It's been a while." She mused opening the car door and hopping out of Brayden's truck. Her sandal clad feet hit the ground and she could feel the cool, plush grass around her feet followed by Brayden's arms encircling her waist. 

"I thought you'd like some time away from –"

"Liam?" 

"No – well sort of." Brayden chuckled before pinching Kendall's side making her jump slightly in his arms. "I just thought you could use a break and this way we could have some alone time."

"Oh," Kendall turned around so that she could wrap her arms around Brayden's neck. "Tired of sharing me with Chubbs junior." 

"Sometimes," he mumbled, earning him an elbow to the gut from his girlfriend.

"And yet we've been standing out here for five minutes and you have yet to have your way with me."

"Now we're talking." 

In one swift motion, Brayden leaned down and tossed Kendall over his shoulder like she weighed nothing at all. Kendall burst out into a fit of giggles as Brayden practically ran up the front lawn toward the front door.

"Bray, the suitcases!" 

"Those can wait."

Using the set of keys his parents gave him, Brayden unlocked the front door with ease and entered the comfy lake house. Kicking the door shut behind them, he walked past the kitchen and living room and down a short hallway into a small bedroom. 

"I've waited so long for this." He breathed while gently brushing a strand of Kendall's hair out of her face.

Kendall couldn't fight the smile on her lips as she brought her shaking hands up to cup Brayden's face. "That makes two of us," she said in a tiny whisper before pulling his face down to hers. 

To say she could feel her heart beating out of her chest would be an understatement. Kendall currently felt like her body was in a frenzy just from Brayden's touch. Even though they'd been together for a little over two months, sex was never in the picture because Liam constantly kept them on their feet. Needless to say, the last time Kendall had sex was a couple years ago and the result of that was her and Brayden's two-year-old son, Liam.

"Babe, you're shaking. Are you okay?" Brayden's blue eyes stared adoringly into Kendall's as he hovered over her body.

Her hands played with a loose thread on his shirt while trying to stop her nerves from getting the best of her. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said with a small smile on her face. "It's just been a while. The last time I had sex was...with you."

"That was over two years ago." Brayden said in a state of shock and awe. 

"Not many guys want to deal with the baggage that comes with dating a single mom."

Brayden rolled them over so that Kendall was comfortably straddling his lap. He didn't know what to say to her, so he kissed her. Their lips molded together and moved together in perfect sync with one another. In that moment he felt the tension in Kendall's body quickly vanish. Without wasting another moment, Brayden let his hands travel from Kendall's hips before they tangled themselves in Kendall's hair.

A soft moan escaped her lips as Brayden's teeth gently grazed the sensitive skin of her neck. "Forget the foreplay," she gasped, grinding her hips into his.

A low, husky moan came from Brayden's chest and even he knew he would lose his mind if he didn't have her then and there. Lifting his hips and reaching into his back pocket he retrieved a shiny, gold foil packet. 

"I'm guessing you're going to want me to use this?"

A small smirk etched its way onto Kendall's lips as she plucked the packet from his fingers. "For now," she rasped before flinging her shirt randomly across the room.