Chapter 5: The 'Popular' One

James' P.O.V (the day after the park incident)

Ugh. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I so fucked up? Can I not think or something?

How could I do that to someone? I'm such an insensitive dick for fucks sake. You can't just do that to a person.

I feel so bad about saying that to Helen but I don't know what to do. I'm just lying on the sofa at home, frozen in place and unable to move. I need to say something to her but I just don't know what.

I ran a hand through my thick, dark brown hair out of anxiousness and nervousness, although I don't know why because she's not even my friend...in fact, I hate her. But why?

I don't know. Is it because she's always so down? Is it because she's not popular? Is it because she's just a loner? I honestly have no clue. I've just hated her for so long without a god damn reason. She seems like a nice and innocent person so I honestly don't understand why everyone is horrible to her.

I was so busy caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even realise that I had walked out of my house and was now walking along a pathway to some unknown place. Wow. I must have been thinking really hard. I thought.

As I wondered around this unknown street I realised where I was. I was near this little recording studio that was just around the corner from here. Maybe a 5-10 minute walks away. Come to think of it, though, I don't really know who it belongs to. I've always just thought it was abandoned but it can't be because of how well kept it is.

It's midnight blue all around the outside walls and has stainless glass windows that shine like the stars. It also has a perfectly painted black door. It looks absolutely beautiful on the outside but I've never actually been in there before so I don't know what it's like on the inside. But I do know that I would love it if I could see the inside just once. I bet it looks amazing.

My thoughts were suddenly stopped when I bumped into a petite figure. She apologised quickly and looked up at me to see who I was but when she noticed it was me, she tried to scurry away but I grabbed her wrist quite roughly. As soon as I heard her whimper I quickly let go before I could do any more game to her.

"Listen, Helen, I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have said anything. It was extremely insensitive of me" I spoke guiltily

"It's ok. I'm used to it. I don't have time to talk now, though, I really have to get home so I'll see you in health and social" She said, while trying to put on a fake smile but I could see past the little facade.

"Ok see ya," I said, pretending that I didn't notice that she was upset.

As she turned on her heels to walk away I couldn't help but look at the bruise on her neck. I can't believe her own father would do that to her. It's just so cruel. Why she doesn't just leave, I don't know.

As I started walking down the path again I realised that I was walking in the direction in which she walked. Great now I feel like a stalker. When I walked past one of the houses I could hear an ear piercing scream of pain and fright. I looked towards the house and hoped to god that it wasn't Helens house.

I felt terrible but I decided to ignore it and carry on walking. After a while, I got bored of wandering around so I walked back home and to my bedroom.

I started to think about today's events, how helpless I felt. I also thought about school.

Even though I am the 'popular' one at school I still care about my education. But I mostly care about my reputation. Being the 'popular' person is so difficult because there are so many expectations to live up to and it's much harder to figure out who your real friends are. Sometimes I think that everyone around me is pretending, like no one actually cares about me or how I feel. They only care about getting a good reputation and becoming popular.

Sometimes...

I...

Just...

Feel...

Worthless...

--------

A/N

Hey, guys. I know it's been a while since I last updated but I have school and homework and all that to do but I write when I can.

Sorry, it's such a short chapter I'll get and make it longer in the next one.

Will update when I can.

I love you all and thanks for reading my book I really appreciate it.

Till next time...byeeee

Poppy xx <3