Take You Down: Chapter Sixteen

Madison's POV:

Sweet baby Jesus.

If that kiss didn't knock me out of my senses, then I don't know what ever could.

What the hell was he thinking?!

Was he out of his mind?

He can't just go around kissing me in public!

You know what--He can't just go around kissing me period.

Is it even legal to be able to kiss so well?

A sudden clap in front of my face jolted me back to reality. All thoughts disappeared immediately when I saw Kayla's agitated expression. Her eyebrows were knitted together in that judgemental crease, like she was interrogating me.

"Huh?" I felt bad saying it, but I honestly had no clue what was going on. I was so lost in my own little world, I didn't know what had happened around me. Hell, a world war three could've broken out and I'd still be in Madison's Fairytale Land.

"You know what? I'll just...talk to you later." She snapped angrily. With that, she turned on her heel and stormed off, leaving me speechless and more confused than ever.

What?

"Wow." I heard someone say from behind me.

I whipped around, startled again, only wishing to have walked off with Kayla.

Lucas.

Some part of me was glad that Pablo was not very far away, but another part, the more reasonable part, was concerned of what he might hear.

I focused my attention on Lucas as he took slow steps towards me. He had a smug look on his face, one that I used to find quite charming.

"She's quite the fiesty one." He remarked.

I made no gesture or movement of interest. Only my eyes followed him.

"I like it." He continued, wrinkling his nose.

A ripple of fear shot through my body. The very boy who hit me enough times to scar me was showing interest in Kayla.

"Too bad she doesn't like you." I said gingerly.

He smirked, "And how would you know? Lots of girls already do."

I let out a bitter laugh, "They must be stupid to even consider liking you."

"Let's not forget that you once did as well." He sneered, taunting me with his cunning smile.

How could I ever forget.

I scoffed incredulously at how ridiculous he sounded. "Oh, believe me, I remember every second of it."

That seemed to please Lucas, and he flashed me one of his sickening, ear to ear grins. "That's very flattering--"

"Just stay the hell away from Kayla, Lucas." I growled, loosing my patience.

I didn't wait for him to reply. Instead, I spun on my heel and bound out of the hallway.

If he thought for one second that he was going to get away with abuse a second time, he must have hit his head very hard before coming to this school.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NO! You're not doing it right! That's an offensive play..." Coach Ben blew his whistle in the middle of our drill for about the fifteenth time to explain to this girl that she was playing the wrong moves. I felt bad for the girl, but at the same time, I felt bad for Coach, considering we didn't have enough players to cut the bad ones out.