Chapter 33: Another Proposal

Chapter 32 is finally over! My GAWD!

Btw, guys, I know you love this book, but please understand that I don't have a set date for when I update. So please, please don't ask me when I'm going to update (because Idk when I will) and also, please don't ask for an update if I updated in the past 24 hours. Trust me, you'll know when I update (of course) And besides, writing isn't the only thing I do, I'm a reader as well.

Chapter 33: Another Proposal

Shadé

I was actually pretty damn nervous about flying back to England. I hadn't sold our apartment yet, but I was definitely planning to do so when I come back for Ezra's trial.

My grandmother tried flirting with Clark and repeatedly told him that she'd '"love to run her fingers through those blonde locks"'. I never knew he had the ability to blush until that happened. He was usually very stoic.

I always knew that my grandmother wouldn't fit in. She awed at everything on the plane, including the exterior. I couldn't blame her though. I oohed and awed at the luxurious jet when I first got on.

We were only half an hour into the flight before Tori and the twins drifted off to sleep. This actually gave Mama and I time to talk. I settled all three of them into the small bedroom in the far backend of the jet. Afterward, I headed back into the conference room where Mama was staring out at the ocean.

"They're asleep," I stated as I sat down across from her.

"That's good," she murmured. "I'm sorry for keeping those things from you," she said.

"It's okay," I assured.

"No, it's not, baby girl. I shouldn't have given him that plant, but he was so adamant on wanting to have it," she said.

"You gave it to him," I asked in shock.

Her hazel eyes darted to me. "Yes... but I didn't know what it was at the time. It was a gift from my neighbor. I thought it was just a regular plant, so I took care of it. When Ezra moved in, he asked me if I wanted it. I told him it didn't matter to me," she explained.

I nodded, only because I felt like I couldn't speak anymore. I didn't know what to say to her. She didn't know what a marijuana plant looked like, but Ezra did. Ezra knew that it was illegal to traffic marijuana, but he still did it. He also knew that Lisa was a crazy bitch, but he still slept with her. I honestly can't blame anyone except Ezra for getting himself locked up. I think he knows that too. He didn't seem as upset as I thought he would be. He seemed... indifferent, like he knew it was his punishment.

I sat back into my seat and placed my hands on my stomach.

"What's wrong, baby," my grandmother asked as she gave me her undivided attention.

"They won't be able to see him, Mama. Not Tori, or the twins, or this baby; none of them will be able to see him for a while," I choked as I felt my throat constrict.

"You can't take them to visit him," she questioned with her brows furrowed.

"No. I don't want Tori seeing her dad as a criminal, because he's not. Ezra isn't bad," I said defensively, as if she insulted him.

"Then what are we going to do," she asked. "Write letters?"

I remembered the last time he and I wrote letters to one another. He wasn't very responsive, but since he won't have any other way to communicate, except by phone, then it'll have to do. I only hoped that he would respond.

"I guess so," I mumbled as I stared at my stomach. "Mama," I suddenly said, thinking of something.

"Yes," she answered simply.