20. [Isabella]

When the bell rang, I said a quick goodbye to Thomas and ran over to Amanda. Without saying a word, I grabbed her hand, and dragged her towards the cafeteria's main entrance. 

Forty minutes with Thomas and I was already going nuts. He was being too nice, and it was suffocating me. I couldn't tell if he was being sincere or not. But, Amanda was right. This needed to be done. He needed a taste of his own medicine and to experience the pain I felt. The pain he gave me.

"Izzy! Are you even listening?"

"Huh?" I turned around and looked at Amanda just to realize I was digging my nails into her skin. I immediately loosen my grip on her and took a step back. "Oh God. I am so sorry."

"Eh. It wasn't that painful," she said with a laugh.

I bit my lip and glanced down at her hand. They were reddening. "Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," she said. "Now, enough about me. How was lunch with the royal asses?"

"Exhausting," I replied with a groan. "But seeing the look on Rachel's face when Thomas let me sit in his seat was so worth it."

"Oh, yeah. Her dramatic exit was definitely a sight to see." She laughed, letting out a series of chuckles. "She was so fucking pissed."

I nodded and laughed along. "Sadly that was the only good thing that happened today."

"Thomas?" she guessed knowingly.

"He's being too nice."

Her brows furrowed together. "But isn't that a good thing? Don't you want him to be nice?"

"I guess . . . it's just a little weird, you know? I mean, him buying me lunch was probably—"

"—wait a minute," Amanda shouted with large-wide eyes. "He paid for your lunch?"

I blinked. "Um yeah. What's wrong with that?"

"Izzy," she said as she held onto my shoulders. "Thomas never ever pays for people. Not even for Rachel."

"I'm sure that's not true." He probably did pay for Rachel. Just not in school where everyone could see. Rachel wouldn't be caught dead eating the school's food anyways.

"I don't know," she sang with a slight curve to her lips. "I think he's starting to like you."

"Let's hope so." I laughed. "The sooner he does, the sooner I can stop being nice to him."

"Don't worry, he will," she exclaimed, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "With your beauty and awesome personality, I'm hundred percent sure he's going to fall for you, and when he does, break that emotionless, twisted heart of his!"

I let out a light chuckle at her enthusiasm. Hopefully Amanda was right, because if this doesn't work everything would've been for nothing.

When school ended, I started walking towards my car. I closed my eyes, and felt the soft wind caressing my face. I smiled and reached up, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. It was mid-October and I could feel the Autumn breeze running through my veins, comforting me with every whisper it made.

My eyes fluttered open and rounded in fright. Standing literally an inch away from my face was Thomas. I let out a scream, and stumbled backwards. The world rushed by in a blur when I found myself meeting the inevitable.

I braced myself for the impact. But it never came.

Instead a pair of strong arms circled around my waist, my body laid flushed against an unknown warmth.