Allah, The Almighty

Chapter 1: Allah, The Almighty

Quote of the Day: "The very core to understanding Islam is obviously understanding Allah," ~Rima Nahar

Faisal's home was crowded today. Many people had visited his home to congratulate his father for the promotion hat he earned in his company. He has now been promoted to CEO of the company. Seeing all the visitors, Faisal realized his father will now be even busier than before.

After everyone left, Faisal went up to his father, "Dad, what's a CEO and how big is your company?" Faisal's father hugged him, "CEO stands for Chief Executive Officer. A CEO carries out the main decisions and actions for a company. Our company is medium-sized; there are about three-thousand workers."

"Three-thousand! That's a ton of people, if three-thousand is medium sized, then which is the biggest company in the world and who's the CEO of that company?" His father smiled as he was getting up from the couch, "The largest company has more than seven billion people now. This company is spread all over the world and extends to the whole universe. And the CEO, well He's been the CEO for millions and billions of years. This CEO owns the company and rules it in comparison to that CEO, I am nothing."

Faisal furrowed his brow, "But who is this CEO Dad?" His father grinned, "Well we're about to pray to the CEO of the whole universe."

Faisal beamed, "Oh! You were talking about Allah (SWT)! He is the CEO of the universe!"

"Every created thing has a creator, when you ask, 'Who is the creator of God?' You are not talking about God anymore, because God has no creator." ~Dr. Zakir Naik.

Allah, Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, is the Almighty. Subhanahu wa Ta'ala means Glorified He is High. Allah, is the creator of angels, beings made of light; jinns, beings made of fire; humans, beings made of earth and everything else in the universe. Everything, from the smallest pebble to the largest mountain was created and placed accordingly by Allah (SWT).

I was once assigned a project to create my own country. It was a two-month project and I wasted away a week in just finding the perfect name for my country. After that, I was stumped. What should be the name of the capital? What kind of climate should it be in? What kind of landmarks should there be? And so on. In short, my project turned out less than impressive because I was overwhelmed by the sheer thought of planning things but not being able to bring them to a reality. But that's okay, because I'm human.

Allah (SWT) created the Dunia, the world, in six days. Yes, in six days, Allah created land and water, food and shelter, the Heavens and Hell. In just six days, and after creating the whole universe, He did not need rest afterward: "Allah (SWT) does not need sleep, nor does he need to retire." SubhanAllah. Think back to Faisal and his father. His father had been promoted to CEO because the previous CEO had aged and thus retired. Allah has no beginning or ending, because He is Eternal.

Let's step back for a moment. Imagine that a really wealthy man decides to give you a billion dollars. You would be incredibly grateful, right? Then if the wealthy man later asked for a favor, wouldn't you go out of your way to fulfill his request? I would, the guy gave me a billion dollars-it's my obligation. Aha! Allah (swt) gave us life. We must value everyday of life (no, not because of YOLO-that saying is wrong anyway, it's YOLT: You Only Live Twice), because each day is an opportunity to change for the better. We are indebted to Allah, I once read: "You can never fully thank Allah, and by acknowledging so, you are thanking Him." Indeed life is the most important gift.

And what does Allah (SWT) ask in return for giving us life? To follow His commands. To pray, to give charity, to fast. Commands that are for our own benefit. Allah (SWT) knows our strengths and weaknesses, in life you will be tested in many occasion, but you will never be put in a situation that is beyond your limits. Such is the mercy of Allah.

Despite all this, you have a choice whether or not to obey Allah, your Lord, and your Creator. That's the quality that humans have been given, the freedom of choice. Even if you don't obey, you still are under Allah's rules. For instance, all humans age, disobedience will not keep you from getting older. In the grand scheme, Allah knows whats best because He is our creator. Remember that Allah (SWT) does not need us, we need Allah.

Ramadan Challenge #1: Allah (SWT) has 99 beautiful names that together are called the Asma-ul-Husna. Will you accept the challenge and memorize ALL 99 Beautiful Names? InshAllah.

Any good that came from this is from the goodness of Allah (SWT), and anything that was wrong, is from my own shortcomings--May Allah (SWT) forgive me.