Chapter Sixty

I wanted to punch Cole in the face. Waiting quietly with no idea what was going on, that had always driven me crazy. And when I was impatient and felt helpless, I got mad easily. When Bishop grabbed me and set me back down in my chair, I wanted to hit him too.

Of course, before I did anything, Peter and Ariana came in. He was carrying her, and we all immediately fell silent. We all had the same question, but none of us wanted to ask it. Thankfully, Peter understood without any of us having to open our mouths.

"Yeah, we're pretty sure it worked," he said.

"How do you feel?" Bishop asked quietly.

"Better," Ariana said as he set her down in a chair. Then there came a long, very awkward silence. I only lasted about a minute before I scurried out the door. Does it come as any surprise that I had no idea what to say to people who had just had sex? I mean, yes, I know other people have sex, I know Steve and Patricia probably do, but it's never like everybody else knows what they did! And when they just did it too!

I shook my head furiously to clear it of those thoughts. I really did not want to think about that right now. It was enough to know that Ariana was going to be all right; our future luna wasn't going to die.

~~

Things were less awkward at dinner. Time had passed, enough time for Jenni and Jaydon to find something to argue about. Of course it was something petty and silly as usual.

"Jenni, where's my iPod?" Jay demanded.

"I don't know, I didn't take it," she replied innocently.

"Jenni, no one else would take it!" he exclaimed. "Peter has his own, Mark has his own, Ryan has his own, Sera has her own, who else???"

"Jay, are you sure you didn't leave it somewhere?" she asked calmly.

"I'm positive!"

"It's right here," Lanie said softly, picking it up from the counter. "Open your eyes, idiot."

Ariana was at dinner, and she still looked a little bit weak, but other than that she looked much better. She even laughed a little at Jay's stupidity. We hurried through our meal and then Bishop started talking to Ariana. I yawned; we had eaten dinner late and it had been a stressful couple of days. I was going to bed.