Chapter 3: Wildfire

Chapter 3: Wildfire

GOHAN'S P.O.V

I continued following behind Videl without her noticing. For just an average human girl, she ran fast. Eventually, Videl caught up to the guy with the black ski mask and tackled him to the ground. The hand gun he carried slid along the street surface.

I stopped. Woah! She caught him...

"G-Get off me!" The man spoke as he tried to escape.

"Not a chance, you crook! You expect me to let you get away with murdering a little kid?!" Videl kept the criminal's head pinned to the ground.

As she began to tie the man's hands, the crook pulled out a knife and swinged. Videl hopped off him.

Oh no! This isn't good.

The sounds of police sirens filled my ears. The police were on their way here.

"I'll kill you!" The guy in black charged at Videl with the knife in his grip. Everyone who was watching from the sidelines gasped in horror.

Videl got into a stance.

What is she doing?! She'll get killed if she tries to fight back.

At point of reach, Goten's attacker thrust his sharp knife towards Videl's head. Videl ducked then kneed the guy in the gut, who then keeled over.

"D-Darn you..." He took two steps back.

My eyes widened. But how?!

Videl simply twirled around then brought her knee up to the guy's chin. On impact, the unidentified man fell to his back. Videl rested her fists on her hips.

"Amazing..." I accidently speak outloud.

Videl, hearing me, began to turn around. I hurried and disappeared to a alley in between buildings.

"Could've sworn I heard something." The black-haired girl looked around.

Tania was right. I guess Videl can defend herself.

The police appeared a minute later. They got out of their cars and began to congratulate Videl. Videl smiled at them, not noticing that the criminal she beated down began to regain consciousness. He grabbed the gun he dropped and aimed it straight at her.

That psycho is really gonna shoot!

Looking around my surroundings, I spotted a trash can and took the grey lid off of it.

"Hey little girl!" The guy spoke with anger.

Videl turned around and gasped.

"Goodbye." The man smirked.

I don't think so, sir!

With a low grunt, I threw the medal lid their direction as soft as I could.

The guy in the black mask shot out his bullets. Videl covered her face.

I watched as the lid I had thrown protect Videl from being shot. The thing then knocked out the gun out of the villan's hand.

He groaned, shaking and rubbing his hand to relieve the pain it received. Videl used the chance to charge and kick the man across the face hard. Once again, he fell to the ground, unable to move.

"Cuff him." Videl ordered the cops. "And quick!"

"Yes." The chief replied proceeding to order his men to arrest the unidentified guy for attempted murder.