Miss Independent

[Amber]

September 31st, 2013

"Good morning Ms. Combs.", Jessica, the front desk clerk, greeted as I walked into the building.

"Good morning. What's planned for today?", I asked.

"Mr. Trevor Kennedy & his wife have an appointment at 11 & the cuteness at 2.", she smiled.

"Thank you.", I said, before walking towards my office.

My name is Amber Combs. I'm 20 years old & I live in Atlanta but I wasn't born here. I was raised in Texas by my grandmother & we moved up here when I was 16. I used to hate Atlanta but I got used to it eventually. After high school I went to college for psychology. I'm licensed as Psychologist & a Child Psychologist but I prefer to be called a therapist because I do more than diagnose people & tell them what's wrong with them. I try to make them feel better about themselves. Being a therapist is like my dream job. I love helping people & listening to their problems because I grew up without having someone to talk to about my problems so I want to be that someone to listen to others & help them express how they feel.

You could say I'm a kill joy or a party pooper. I don't go out much. I don't drink or smoke. I like to stay in & read books. I don't have many friends. Well I don't have friends at all. I prefer to stay to myself.

"Ms. Combs?", Jessica said, knocking on my door.

"Yes?", I said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Mr. & Mrs. Kennedy are here.", she smiled.

"Can you send them in please?", I said, grabbing my glasses, their file, & a pen.

The session with the Kennedy's went from 11am-1:30pm. I have another appointment at 2 so I decided to take a little bathroom break.

I heard two knocks on my door before it opened.

"Ms. Combs, there is someone here to see you.", Jessica smiled.

"Can you let them in please?", I said without looking from my computer.

She stepped back for a minute & 3 angelic faces appeared.

"Hey Ms. Combs.", they greeted.

I got up from my desk & crouched down picking them up.

"Hey cuties.", I smiled, kissing their cheeks, which made them giggle.

I swear these girl make my Monday's better just by seeing their faces.

They all come to me but only one is my actual client. The other two go in the play area until we're finished. But don't get me wrong, if they need my help to they're more than welcome to come talk to me.

"You ready sweetie?", I asked Kayden, the youngest. She nodded her head & smiled.

Chaylin is the oldest, Amaiya is the middle child & Kayden is the baby. She not a baby but she's my baby. All of them are my babies. I love these girls.

"Chaylin, do you have something you want to talk to me about?", I asked, before I started with Kayden.

"No ma'am.", she said shaking her head.

"What about you Amaiya?", I asked.

"No ma'am.", she smiled. I love that they have manners but it makes me feel old.

"Alright, well you guys can go in the play room. I have a surprise for you. Jessica, will give it to you.", I smiled.

They walked out squealing with happiness.