chapter twelve

Luke hadn't said a single word before going straight to my lips. He exhaled as he pressed his against mine, kissing me just a little harder. I let my move from the collar of his shirt to the back of his neck to pull him towards me the slightest bit more. His chest met mine and just as his body started to warm up mine up, he fell to the side and made sure I met him there, gently tugging me towards his body.

He had been conservative while kissing me. The movement of his lips had nearly been as soft as the pink color that shaped them. His touch was gentle and almost felt hesitant, but in a way that told me he was unsure exactly where he could explore my skin rather than if he should explore. He didn't take it past just simple kissing and never got handsy or took advantage of the moment we were having.

He was also a good kisser. Not just the actual lip to lip contact, but how he knew just where to put his hands or the right time to deepen the kiss. He had made it feel genuinely intimate. It wasn't intimate like all of the fake scenes on TV and in movies, it was real and there was fumbling and suppressed laughter that made it enjoyable. My feelings were still foggy with him, but if liking him meant that I'd get to kiss him like this in the middle of the night every night then I would be completely okay with that.

It seemed like Luke wasn't getting any tired from tugging and nipping at my lips and I wasn't complaining. A few minutes into the kiss he had sat up and pulled me into his lap. My legs wrapped around his torso while I kept my arms loosely around his neck. His hands constantly moved between the back of my neck, my waist and back, and my hair. Right now he decided that pulling my towards him with his fingers trailing up and down my back had been the best idea.

"Andy," Luke murmured in between left short and sweet kisses on my darkened lips.

"Hmmm," I hummed, pulling back just an inch away from him and tangling my fingers in his hair.

"Can I stay here tonight?" He asked. I jerked back from him, catching his tired eyes.

"I'm not having-" I stammered, shaking my head lightly. "Not like-"

"Not like that, Andy." Luke softly laughed, sliding his hands down my sides so they rested at my hips as I gave him a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, I probably just made things awkward." I sighed. Luke pulled me back to him, sinking down a little lower and looking up to me.

"It's okay." He quietly said, kissing right in between my collarbones. It was the first place he had kissed me besides my lips and I'm sure it wouldn't be the last. His lips grazed over my left collarbone as my head fell backwards, giving him more access as he kissed up my neck. "Andy?" He asked again, this time not letting me answer before he spoke. "Are you tired?"

I took in a deep breath as he moved up to my jaw. I looked back at him, now face to face with him again. I kissed his lips once, keeping my hands locked behind his neck. I nodded a few times and he gave me a gentle smile.

He let go of my hips and brought his hands to my shoulders, pushing me back until I fell into my pillows. He grabbed my phone from next to me, checking it to see that it was nearly two in the morning. He yawned and set it down next to me again as I rolled on my side. I felt him crawl towards me, letting his lips linger on my temple before getting off my bed.

"Goodnight, Andy." He quietly said, stretching his arms over his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Where are you going?" I questioned.

"The couch." He informed me as if I was supposed to know this.

"You can sleep in here," I shyly said. "You know, if you want." I added, scooting over to show him that there was at least a little bit of space for him in my small bed. He looked to the floor and shook his head.