Chapter 1: Ou La La

Sunlight seeped through the creamy curtains of my room; it flooded the room with it's rays. 

      "Argh..." I grunted, rubbed at my eyes, and rolled over on my side in my queen-sized bed. The clock read 7:20 AM. "Shit!" I yelled and quickly got out of bed to scatter across my room and collected my business plots and my USB drive for the slide show. I darted down stairs to pack it in my suit case. I, Lilath Fae, am leaving on a business trip to Europe. It was going to be a tough move since I have lived in Canada for all twenty two years of my life. It was going to be a good investment of time and money though if they liked my idea. My plan was to stay there for two months, (if the business deal hit off) and then come back to Canada, my true home. 

      Thankfully the company was allowing the business plotters to stay in this mansion of a hotel that would sell for probably two-thousand dollars a night! I saw pictures on Google, I'm a Google girl, my motto: Don't know an answer? Google is our friend!  

      I packed a lot of clothing and that's basically it besides a wad of cash and everyday use products. You are ready, I kept telling myself over and over again in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. I ran quickly around my house turning off lights and making sure I packed small things to take with me.  I smiled and grabbed my what-felt-like-eighty-pound-luggage and headed out the door. I swung my bags into the trunk of my Ford Escape beaming. Look out Europe here comes a Canadian Gal. I thought to myself and got into the drivers seat and took off to the airport. 

       One of the things people didn't know about me was my fear of airplanes, not the actual flying, but more like the attendants. The way they nag you into getting peanuts so salty they burned, and then of course you needed a drink so it was easy to sucker you into it. Something about them I didn't trust. It was a sneaky, but genius thing though I had to admit. I smiled to myself as I approached East Jet airlines. I put the car in park in the parking lot and rolled my luggage into the doors, it smelt like someone was attacking the place with some peppermint spray, not that I minded though, because I loved that smell during the winter season, but it's June.

          I rolled my luggage over to an empty row of seats while families walked by with huge amounts of luggage, I admired it though, the kids were so excited to be going places while the parents were just happy to get away from their lives at home. I sat down and patiently waited for the airplane.    

       "Well that looks like a pretty neat suitcase." A man approached me, snapping me out of my thoughts, I looked at him and gave a genuine smile.

          "Yeah, well it caught my attention I guess," he smiled at my reply and sat next to me. I stared at my suitcase in awe. It was a plain white suitcase with black smoke running up the side of it. I remember how my mother dragged me into the store, Bentley, to get me a new suitcase when I was sixteen. This suitcase caught my attention, it was mysterious and caught other peoples eyes. Although it is fashionable to carry around it was also very roomy with compartments to separate different things.

           "So where are you heading off to miss..." He asked questioning what my name is, I smiled. 

           "Lilath Fae, and yourself?" I replied, totally forgetting he asked where I was going. "Oh, I'm going to France." I blushed.

        "Devin... Devin Price, and so am I." He put his hand out in my direction, I smiled and shook it, his hands were soft and he had the shake of a business man.

           "Well Devin Price, pleasure or business?" I asked, glancing at his suitcase.

           "Pleasure, and yourself?" He asked raising a brow up, I looked at him and this time I mean for real looked at him; he had a creamy skin complexion, his hair was a medium shade of blond and he had very hazel eyes. He was tall, standing at around six foot, and he had broad shoulders and a sleeve of tattoos.