Ch.23

(HARRYS POV)

After Lily left me, I have been in emotional distress. I soon realized that I made the wrong decision. Why the hell did I have to slap her and leave to get drunk and cheat on her? Why couldn't I have talked it out with her? Why didn't I see that I need her more than anything else? I called her and called her, and she never answered. Every single day I would look at the picture of her and I in Italy, and the picture of the child that I wanted to see so badly.

Without Lily being with me, I felt like half of me was gone. I became very very depressed. To ease the pain, I turned to alcohol. I got drunk every single night, it solved my problems for a few hours. My life was a mess- I was becoming more isolated and losing my relationships with the people that cared about me. Everything was spiraling out of control.

A few years into my depression, I got a call from my mom and step dad. They told me that they had something important, and I had to come the second I cleaned myself up. I figured I had nothing to lose, so once I became sober after my latest drinking binge, I headed over to Holmes Chapel. I was there for a few hours, as they stalled me, until I heard a knock at the door. I didn't bother seeing who it was, I could have cared less. I heard mumbled voices that I was too lazy to listen to. I was in the kitchen, searching for any form of alcohol, when I felt another person's presence join me.

I looked down, and I saw the most beautiful creature that I have ever seen. She was only a few feet tall, with bouncy brown curls, and big green eyes. When she saw me, her cheeks formed dimples around her smile. I instantly knew who this child was.

She was my daughter.

She pointed at me, calling for her mommy. A few seconds later, the love of my life walked in the room. I had missed her so much all these years, wanting nothing more than to see her, to hug her, to kiss her. 

The little girl looked at her mother, and asked if I was her daddy. She began to shake her head and say no, but I couldn't let her lie to the precious child. 

I smiled at the girl, the first time in almost three years that I had a genuine smile. "Yes, baby. I'm daddy."

(LILYS POV)

I saw Darcy's eyes light up as she processed what Harry had said. She turned to me, her smile getting bigger and bigger.

"Momma, he is willy daddy?" I looked at her face, so hopeful, so positive. I had no idea what to say.

"Well… uh…", I began, thinking what would be worse: to crush her dreams and hurt her now, or say yes and have Harry hurt her later.

Harry looked at me. "You are seriously going to lie to our child? She deserves to know that I am her dad." I couldn't believe my ears. He was the one who didn't want her, he wanted me to kill her.

I turned to Darcy. "Darcy, why don't you go see Grandma Anne and Grandpa Robin? I think they have some presents for you!" When she heard the word "presents", she quickly scurried out of the kitchen.