Softmore Year.

I fluttered open my eyes, and l looked to my alarm clock. 5:50am. I woke up 10 minutes early than usual. I sighed and slowly removed the covers from my bruised body. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

I winced as I stood up out of my bed. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I closed my eyes tightly in sorrowful pain. I flinched as my mother slammed my door against my dresser. "M-Morning.." I stuttered. "Clothes, take them off. Now." My mother demanded.

I nodded and followed her directions. I peeled off my clothing, throwing them in the clothes bin beside my wall mirror located on my desk. My mother grabbed me where my worse bruises alerts and slammed me against the wall. She looked at me with hate in her eyes as she punched my stomach. I started cry as she forced all of her strength on my stomach. She left me to fall face first on my bedroom door and slammed my door shut.

I held my stomach as I pushed myself off the floor. I walked to my closet and picked out my outfit. It was the first day of freshman year. I wanted to look nice.. Or try. You can't look nice with bruises and cuts all over your body. I pulled out a navy blue crop top, throwing on a white tank top underneath. I slipped on tight gray skinny jeans, sucking in my teeth.

I brushed my long, light brown hair, put on a navy blue beanie. I put concealer on my dark bruises carefully, trying not to apply more pain. I then added tan eye shadow and blue eyeliner, curling my eyelashes. I sighed. I thought my life was so miserable. Oh wait. It IS.

It was 6:25, almost time for me to leave for school. I slipped on my vans and walked downstairs nervously. My mother gripped my tightly, purposely making my body hurt. "I love you River." She smirked. "Mhm." I muttered. "EXCUSE me?" Her voice raised. "N-Nothing... I love you too.." I said, shivering with fear.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of my front door. As I shut the door, I ran. I ran to my school as fast as possible to get away from the wretched place called home. I began to cry until I heard my name.

"RIVEEEEERRR!!" A familiar voice called out. I quickly wiped my tears, acting like nothing was wrong. I turned around to see Matthew and my best friend Lily heading my way. I fake smiled. "BABBBBBBBYYYYY!!" Lily giggled. We always called each other babe or baby. She embraced me into a big huge, followed by Matthew.

I winced softly and Matt looked at me. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded softly and the morning bell ran. Lily, Matt, and I walked to our lockers. Lucky, they were side-by-side. Each of us were emailed our locker number and combination. In our locker was our class schedule.

"Eww. I have Ms. Bleau first period." Matt complained. "So do I." I said, looking at him. "Yay! There is one problem. Carter Reynolds is in that class." Matthew said lowly. "Why does that matter." I asked. "Forget it."

I nodded my head. Okay then.. The bell rang which meant first period has began. Me and Matthew made our way to our Geography class after we waved bye to Lily. Me and Matt had about every class together except for electives. We entered the class side-by-side to the back if the class and sat down next to each other.

Carter walked through the doors after 5 others. The Carter Reynolds. I swallowed the lump in my throat as he sat down next to my. He put his hand on my arm to get my attention. I whimpered in pain, his touch stinging. "River, is it?" He asked, looking me in the eyes. I nodded in response.

••••••••••

It was finally the end of the school day. I walked to my locker after everyone was out of the school. Next think I knew, I was slammed hard against the lockers. I yelped loudly in pain. My eyes were closed tightly. I opened them to see Taylor Caniff pinning me tightly against the lockers. I kicked at him, trying to get him off me. Taylor was my bully other than my mother.

"Aww what's wrong hunny? Am I hurting you?" I nodded and began crying. "Good." He said forcing his weight against me.

"Yo! Taylor! Get off of her!" Someone called. I looked to where it came from. I gasped.

Carter..