Chapter XXXI

Took me two day's to finish this chapter & that pretty damn good for me right now lol...Lately it's been taking me almost a week to write up a chapter...Hope you all like it...

Vote

Comment

Fan

***********************

I was beyond surprised to fine Mana standing at my door when I had opened. I was even more surprised to see that his hand was firmly clasped with a girl that was most definitely NOT his mate. I stood there, mute. My mind blank. I blinked a couple of times, trying to make sure that my eyes were not playing tricks on me. It took a while to register that he had said something to. 

Finding my voice I said; “C-come in,”

Stepping aside I opened the door wider allowing them to pass through. As I closed the door I couldn’t help but wonder what he was doing here and who the girl was. I blew out a ragged breath and walked into the living room where they both stood waiting for me. Cain was sitting on the couch just watching them. I could tell by the look on his face that he was wonder the same things that I was. Mana reached into his pocket and pulled what looked like a unlabeled pill bottle, he tossed it to Cain. Arching an eyebrow at Mana, Cain popped open the cap and dumped out a single pink pill into his hand.

“Where did you get this?” he asked looking up at Mana. 

“I found it in my bathroom,” Mana replied

“Do you know what this is?” Cain asked 

“Sierra, filled me in on what she’s heard about it,” Mana nodded in reply. 

Walking over to Cain I sat next to him and plucked the pill out of his hand. I had never been good when it came to pills so the little pink pill I held in my hand could be a mini mint for all I knew. There was an ‘S’ on one side and nothing on the other. I was lost, confused. Looking up at Cain I knew he would see the confusion etched on to my face. 

“Why don’t the two of you take a seat,” Cain suggested

Looking over I noticed that the girl – Sierra – stood rigidly, her eyes cast down to the floor. My brows furrowed and I looked back over at Cain who didn’t seem noticed. If I didn’t know any better I would think that she was nervous. I didn’t know what she would be nervous about though, not like one of us who spring up from our seats and attack her. 

“Are you alright?” I asked looked directly at Sierra. 

Her eyes jumped to mine quickly before she directed her gaze to the floor once more. “I-I’m f-fine,” she mumbled

“If you’re sure,” I nodded then asked “Who are you anyway?”

She looked up at Mana before looking over to me. “I’m his mate,” she whispered 

“What?” I asked shocked beyond reason. That wasn’t possible, Mana already had a mate.

“She’s my true mate,” Mana replied

“Wait, wait, wait, I’m confused.” I stated 

“That pill,” Cain said pointing to the one I still held in my hand. “It alters a wolfs scent.”