Chosen Paranormal Book Review

Book Review

The Love Curse

RebeccaSky

Book Review

She is running from the police, the church, and now her heart, all because of a curse disguised as a gift. 

It can only be described as a beautiful masterpiece. It truly uncovers the meaning of love. It delves into the mind of a teenage girl, on the verge of discovering, and eventually falling, in love. It shows that love has no rules and love's consequences could be far worse than life in prison, but it also describes the sheer bliss that could follow.

Aliens. Well it is almost a plausible explanation for them, for they are certainly not human, I mean they came from the sky so that makes them extraterrestrial, right? If you are thinking E.T., wrong line of thought.  Tip: He has little wings, knows too much about love to still be in diapers and plays with dangerous weapons like arrows and guns. You guessed it.......... Cupid. Just to explain his immaturity - He trusts teenage girls with other people's  wills, their very being. Well he was  certainly taught a valuable lesson when this gift he so generously bestowed upon his offspring started a chain reaction that caused turmoil, sadness, hopelessness and regret in young hearts, all because of a kiss.

A key concept in this book is to be careful who you choose as a friend... and to never take a cab in New York during rush hour. You never know what could happen. A certain though is that love changes people, for the better or for the worse.

Rachael was born with it, and can't get rid of it, and to make is worse, she is 'special'. But she has seen what it has done to people... what it has done to her father. She sees him everyday, but he doesn't even acknowledge her because he doesn't want to, his will was stolen. Now she is slowly falling in love. But she can't do that to someone, doesn't matter how much she wants to love, she can't because by doing so she destroys everything that she has fallen in love with.    

Truer words were never spoken. Amor est vitae essentia - Love is the essence of life. And without it you are left without a will to go on.

Ways to find the book:

The external link

Wattcode: 1497321

Our July  2014 Reading List

© 2014 by J. Barnes, S van Rooyen and A. Wolmarans.