Part 10: Mia

Playlist: I Almost Do, All Too Well, The Last Time, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Moment I Knew, Come Back Be Here and Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift – Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy – Almost is Never Enough by Ariana Grande - Skinny Love by Birdy

I stayed in bed for hours after I had woken up, my eyes staring at the ceiling. I hadn’t thought about him much in the last few days in California, always keeping myself busy in order to not think about the memories but there was nothing I could do about them when they came to me in dreams. The sound of his laughter echoing in my head, along with every promise he made to me.

“Happy birthday to me…” I murmured quietly as I wiped a tear that escaped my eye. Slowly I stood up to see that Sydney and Heather weren’t in the room. They probably had fallen asleep in the boy’s room.

My feet moved across the floor, making me shiver and jumpy all the way to the bathroom. I almost cringed at how sleep deprived I looked. The fire and happiness he had brought to my eyes had completely died out with every day I spent without him.

Did he remember what day it was? He had been so excited when he had found out that they could celebrate her birthday in LA. He had said that he had a show that night and it would be his last night in California so they could all party together at a club or gone somewhere for dinner.

Seems silly now but she wishes she could of gotten the chance to celebrate with him. She hated birthdays and he had actually made her excited about her 18th one…

“Wakey, wakey birthday princes!” Heather called out loudly as I stepped out of the shower. “We’ve got a big day ahead of us.”

“It’s my birthday, I don’t think you should be annoying me and bossing me around today.” I teased as I walked out in the white hotel robe towards my opened suit case on the bed.

“True, but if I don’t keep you in shape you might end up all day in bed watching films.” She pointed out, making me shrug my shoulders even though I knew she was right.

“Besides, do you even know what time it is?” She asked at my lack of response as I slipped on some shorts and a tank top.

“Hmm almost lunch time?” I tried with a small smile as I cheated and looked at the clock on the nightstand.

“Exactly! And that means that we will go eat and come back and get ready so we can go out clubbing!” She said with a proud grin as she pulled the hair grip I was holding for my pony tail. “Not today.” She warned as I began to protest.

The whole day went like that, everyone trying their hardest at making this the best birthday for me. They took me to eat at my favorite place (Olive Garden), they took me shopping at my favorite stores and even got me some chocolate cake to sing me happy birthday with.

I hadn’t even felt time pass me by until Sydney and Heather were forcing me into this tight blue dress and doing my makeup.

“Do we really have to go clubbing? I’m perfectly happy staying in and eating junk food.” I said as Sydney stood behind me curling my hair.

“Yes, we do need to go! It will be fun and it’s something different! Plus we found the perfect club to sneak into, Zack’s brother works there and he says he could definitely get us in.” Heather said in excitement as she pulled back to check on my eye makeup.

“Knock, knock! Are you ladies ready?” Zack said as he came into the bedroom with James.

“Almost.” Heather sung the word as she walked over to James to wrap her arms around him. The two of them have gotten quite cozy with each other on this trip and it actually made me quite glad that they were happy. The bad part was that it had all been Ashton and Michael’s idea to get them together, according to them they were crazy for each other and they had been right.