Chapter 6

A/N This one is not very long, but I don't have had really much time to work on it. I'm now back from vacation but I'm leaving tomorrow again and I wouldn't be able to upload until the end of the month. I'm sorry for that.x

**Abby’s POV**

I woke up at the sound of my alarm that told me to wake up. Today was the big day. Simon Cowell would come to my flat and if he liked me and taught I could be a good artist, he would give me a contract. Damn, I was so nervous. I hope this was all going to work out, I dreamt of this since I was a little girl but I never was brave enough to take part in something like X-Factor.

The clock told me it was 8AM. Harry and Niall would come to my flat to practice some more at 9 so I got an hour to get ready. I quick got in the shower . The cold water gave me goosebumps but I didn’t care much. After I washed my hair and my body, I got out of the shower, wrapped myself in a towel and start blow-drying my hair.

When my hair was dry, I went to my closet. I took a pair of shorts and a shirt and put it on. It was simple, but I liked it. I quickly made myself some breakfast and while I was finishing my bowl of cereal, I heard a key in the door.

“You ready? “ Niall asked with his Irish accent while he made his way to the fridge.

“I guess so.” I said.

“Of course you are, you are amazing!” Harry said. I hope he was right and I didn’t made a fool of me in front of Simon Cowell.

“The other boys are coming in a few minutes. They wanna hear you too.” Harry told me. Oh god. I thought I only had to play for three people. Not a whole public. This made me even more nervous than I already was.

“Let’s practice!” Niall said while finishing the sandwich he made himself. He took my guitar out of its cover and handed it over to me.

“Let me hear that angel voice of you!” He said while the two boys took a seat in the couch.

I started to sing the first verse with nerves in my voice. At the end of the song most of my nerves were gone. I was glad about that and hoped they wouldn’t come back. When I played the last chorus, I heard a loud applause. It was like there were more than two people. I looked up and noticed the other boys were in the room too. I didn’t hear them come in. Was I that nervous?

“That was amazing!” Louis yelled while pulling me into a hug.

“Hi Lou. Thanks.” I replied.

I greeted the other boys too and gave them each a hug. They took a place on the couch and when I gave them all something to drink, I heard a knock on the door.

“I’ll go.” Harry said while making his way over to the door. When he opened it, I was looking at the man who had my future in his hands. Simon Cowell. And hello nerves.

He walked into the living room followed by Harry.

“Hi uncle Si!” the boys all said at the same time.

“Hi boys.” He answered and made his way over to me. I stood up to shake his hand.

“You must be Abigail, Harry talks a lot about you.” He said. I looked over his shoulder at Harry who was now blushing and gave him a smile. He was so cute when he blushed.

“Abby,” I corrected him. “I hope only about the good things.” I joked. They all laughed.

I was glad it was only him and not the whole management showed up. My nerves were now fading away. Finally.

“So, let me hear if Harry is right and you really sing beautiful.” He said. I took my guitar back from the ground where I left it when he walked in, and started to play. I sang the song again for the hundredth time.

 White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

And they say

She's in the Class A Team

Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since 18

But lately her face seems

Slowly sinking, wasting

Crumbling like pastries

And they scream

The worst things in life come free to us

Cos we're just under the upperhand

And go mad for a couple of grams

And she don't want to go outside tonight

And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland

Or sells love to another man

It's too cold outside

For angels to fly, to fly, to fly

Angels to die.

When I finished the song, the boys applauded loud. Even Simon did. Would he like it?

“The boys were right, you are amazing.” He said. I take that as a yes.

“And that means?” I asked.

“We start to record your first album next week.” He answered. That was quick. I started school in two weeks so I hoped I could mix the two.

“What about school? I start it in two weeks.” I said a little bit insecure.

“Don’t worry, we’ll record after school.” He answered. I was happy about that. I came for school, so that would come always first.

“Can you write your own songs?” he asked me. I never had written a song before so I don’t knew that.

“I can try.”

“I’ll help her with it.” Niall said. Thank you for that. I was pretty sure my songs would be horrible.

“Good, I’ll call you later.” Simon said and after that, he was gone. Leaving me speechless.