Talking stories with lilly-rain

*Writer's World theme music plays* Introducing lilly-rain, she’s smart, classy, can write summaries, and knows how to write a good story. She was kind enough to share her wisdom, and accept the challenge at the end...this woman is a good sport.  

Question 1. She's One Of The Boys is pretty much a Wattpad icon now, over 8 million reads congratulations. How did you come about writing this story? Cheers and I just had the idea pop into my head, just a small one but it was enough for me to create an entire story. I also wanted something a little different from the usual 'love at first sight' and they live happily ever after...here’s a little info that only one person knows - when I originally had the thought for it, Eva was never going to be with Saxon. She was going to walk away and live her life without him.

Question 2. Tell us about Eva? She's immature, impulsive, hard headed, rude, loyal, laid back, but can be serious when needs to be. Eva is not perfect, just like everyone else and I think that's why readers can relate with her personality. 

Question 3. If Eva was real, would you be hanging with her? She seems like a handful, or would you be busy trying to take Saxon? I would seriously pick to hang out with Eva! She may be a handful, but there would rarely be a dull moment with her around.

Question 4. How often do you write?  Fairly often during a week, not every day though and it depends on how busy I have been. 

Question 5. Does anyone get to see a sneak preview of your work before uploading? Any editors? My amazing and annoying editor A (A_Kinch), she's cool and will give me a honest opinion on something, no sugar coating with her. Then sometimes certain friends if I want their opinion or help if A is unavailable. I'm sure there must be lots of people wishing they had A_Kinch's privileges. 

Question 6. What is the best advice you can give someone in regards to writing chapters? Chapters? Damn, I don't know....I guess to have a rough idea of what you want to happen in the chapter is a good start - even if the end result is nothing to what you wanted, but still rocks....sometimes a chapter writes itself while your hand is just moving. 

 Question 7. Do you intend on entering the 2012 Watty Awards? If so, what will you be entering? Nope, I'm way too lazy and will never get it finished in time. Maybe next year I will enter. Bring on the 2013 Watty's! 

Question 8. What annoys you on Wattpad? . The jerks who hand out insults like they are prizes - no need for it. Damn I hate those jerks! 

Question 9. Any basic tips you can give to beginners? What will bring readers to their stories? A good and interesting plot line, well rounded characters, basically know what you write and write because you love it - it will show in your work if you're writing for popularity, fans or votes and ignore the haters, can't please everyone so only please yourself.

 Question 10. What are your thoughts on character profiles? How important are they? Haha, I suck at keeping up with this kind of stuff! I have tried so many times and always lose it, but they are good idea. Especially when you have first created a character, it helps with remembering the smaller details because trust me - your readers will remember, even if you don't.

 Question 11. Who are your biggest influences in writing? V.C. Andrews, her books were one of the first I read as an avid reader, I couldn't put them down. Love her stuff, she's amazing and as for professional writers, she's basically it.

Question 12. Challenge Question - Write a small dialogue story between two characters entering a book store. Each person must speak twice.

“You know what you’re doing?” A young female asked her friend as she pushed open the door to the well-known bookstore in town. The tiny brass bell above the glass door jingled loudly as they entered, capturing the attention of the older man behind the counter. He looked them up and down before returning to what he was doing.

“Of course I do, I’m not stupid,” the boy hissed, shoving his way past his friend and walking further into the store.

The girl shook her head as she stood near the door, waiting for the boy to return while she wondered if he would pull through with his mission or not.

A moment later, he came rushing towards her and the pair quickly exited the store and stepped out onto the busy footpath. The girl held her hand out and her friend shoved a new book into her chest forcefully, causing her too smirk, “Great job, you’re now an official member of The Girl’s Club,” she chuckled.

“I hate you, you’re the worse sister ever,” he snapped and turned on heels, storming away.

 Go and Check out lilly-rain's books: She's One Of The Boy's and Never Be The Same Again. 

She's One Of The Boy's - Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your own family? Coming home from being at boarding school for an entire year is something Eva has dreamed about since her Dad sent her away; she missed her older brothers and none of them seemed to have changed much, but she has.

Eva Thorn does not trust Saxon Redford, in fact she thinks he is the devil in disguise, but he might have all the answers she is looking for. However, he wants something from her that she might not be capable of giving and everything turns into a giant game of who can come out on top. Eva is immature and annoying at times, Saxon is demanding and rude all the time – who will win, but remember they aren’t the only ones hiding secrets.

Never Be The Same Again - Family is everything and I plan to keep mine alive.

In a world full of violence, it takes a certain type of person to survive. Pain, anguish, death, and fighting to be on top, this is the life Leila Withers is pulled into by Baden Johnson, who she met years ago. Can she push him away and ignore the old sparks trying to rekindle, or will he draw her into the dark side? Leila has spent four years hiding from everyone she knew and creating a new life for herself, one where no one knows what happened to her years ago. Turns out that the city is not as big as she had hoped it was as her past comes crashing back into her life and she struggles to shut it back out. It is now a kill or be killed world; can she survive it?