4: Work Without Play

-:- The Dominant and the Housekeeper -:- Chapter Four -:- Work Without Play -:-

She walks to the living room, conscious of her boss' lingering eyes. The urge to sway her hips more, to tease him, overwhelms her, but at the same time, she is ashamed for thinking such thoughts.

He was her boss! And Adalia meant what she had told her father on the phone; she was not planning on having sex with Mr. Lenova. Despite how much she wanted to jump his bones.

Adalia takes a deep breath... she could look at the menu, but not order, couldn't she? There was no harm in a little teasing, right? It wasn't like Mr. Lenova was actually attracted to her, anyways-he probably thought she was insane, what with the "I like to sleep in other people's beds" kind of thing she had going. (Yet she couldn't help but wonder, what did his bed feel like? Adalia quickly dismisses those thoughts.)

She inhales slowly, exhaling even more slow, and decides to sway her hips just a teeny bit.

From the sharp intake of breath behind her, Adalia could tell that Mr. Lenova was affected by her little adjustment. So, that didn't mean he was attracted to her-just that he was just a warm-blooded male.

Maybe he wasn't as intimidating as she had originally thought.

They finally made their way to the ornate living room, and Adalia sits on one side of the loveseat. She looks up at Mr. Lenova, who seems to want to sit beside her, although he ends up sitting in a single-seater to the right of her.

"Miss Davenport," Mr. Lenova begins, resting an elbow on the armrest, and his taut chin on his hand.

She corrects him again. "It's Adalia, sir."

He shifts in his seat with a slight nod. "Adalia. Your job here will not be very strenuous, I would hope. All I request of you is to cook, clean, and run any errands I might need you to do. Think of it as a... live-in secretary?"

Adalia nods in a taciturn agreement, and she secretly likes how he got straight to the point. At his sharp stare, she voices her response: "Yes sir."

Mr. Lenova gives her a crooked, satisfied smirk that makes her cheeks flush and her eyes look down at her hands that fidget in her lap. "The only rooms that need to be cleaned on a daily basis are the rooms on the bottom floor-this is mainly just tidying, dusting, and airing out the place. Additionally, they'll need to be vacuumed once a week, unless further instructed. The rooms on the second level should be cleaned only once every two weeks-this entails changing sheets, dusting, vacuuming, airing-unless they are used. The only exceptions are the locked rooms, as well as my own, and you already know which that is, for I will take care of my own mess. Understood?"

She nods again. "Yes sir."

"You don't have to work on the weekends unless I specifically say so, but that won't be often at all. Also, If you encounter any beds... feel free to try them out as long as you change the sheets," Mr. Lenova teases, his eyebrows rising and dimples showing. Adalia blushes, not sure what to say.

His smirk deepens, and he holds out a hand. Adalia stares at it for a moment-more specifically, at his long, musician fingers-before she grasps it tightly. She can't help but notice how dainty her hand looks, relative to his.

"Pleasure doing business with you," Mr. Lenova jokes, and he gets up from the chair, wiping the wrinkles off his pant legs. He looks like he wants to say more, but he bites his tongue back and turns to walk out of the living room.

As he is about to exit and enter the foyer, he looks over his shoulder at Adalia, who remains on the couch. "And Adalia," Mr. Lenova says, although to Adalia, it seems more fitting as a seductive purr.