Black Rose (Chapter.2)

Chapter 2:Long Distance

Katy was glad that Daren was back. Long distance relationships didn't work for her to well. Her and Daren were looking at something in the mall so me and Damion was sitting on a bench watching everyone pass by.

"So how old are you?" Damion asked. "Sixteen.What about you?"I replied.

"Sixteen."He replied. "Cool.We're the same age."I said trying to find a conversation starter.

"Yep."He replied.

We sat in silence for a few more moments. I noticed a few tattoos on his arms and a lip piercing and some eyeliner.

"So are you emo?"I asked. I hoped that I hadn't offended him. "Kind of. I don't cut or anything.

" He replied. "So are you a prep or something?"He asked. I straightened my back and bit my lip. "I hope I didn't offend you or anything you just seem like that type."

He continued when I didn't answer.

"No. I just never thought about myself like that. I mean, I've never labeled myself." I replied relaxing my back to a slump.

"Oh. I've never really labeled myself either."

"That's cool. Are you and Daren staying here long?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I just came along for a change in scenery."

"What's it like in New York?"

"Noisy kind of. There's always noise around. Dogs barking, people talking, car horns. Its all just annoying sometimes."

I nodded. Not sure what to say.

"What's it like living here?"

"Peaceful. But in town its a little noisy but other then that its really nice here."

Katy and Daren walked out hand in hand laughing. "Are you guys ready?" Katy asked. "Whenever you are." I replied.

I wasn't sure where we was going next. Me and Damion just got dragged along.

We got to the other side of the mall where the books and music was together.

"I'm gonna go over here and look at the music, Katy." I said pointing to the music shop.

"Ok."She replied.

"Is it ok if I walk with you?" Damion asked.

"Sure."I answered.

It wasn't hard to tell Damion from everyone else in the mall. His hair was black and semi-long(a popular cut for boys) but his eyes stood out the most. We both went in the same direction in the music aisle. The screamo and rock type. We looked threw the music silently. I decided to go over to the rock music and look. I didn't really see any music I liked or wanted. I walked around just looking for a bit until Daren and Katy found me.

"Are you guys ready?"Katy asked. "Yeah. I'll go find Damion."I said before walking off.

"I'll go find him if you want me to." Daren suggested. "I'll go. You and Katy can look around while I go get him." I replied.

Katy smiled up at Daren and he returned the warm smile.

I walked down the aisle until I found Damion.

"Hey, Katy and Daren are ready. If you want we can stick around and catch up with them later."

I suggested. "That's ok. We'll just go with them unless you want to catch up with them later." He said. "It don't matter to me. We have the rest of the day."I replied.