Chapter 5

Lotus Flower,   

It's been exactly five months since September tenth; the day I met you. In that time we became inseparable. We went from talking three times a week to all day, everyday. I just couldn't help it, the more I talked to you, the more I liked you. You were too sweet and nice, how could any girl not like you?  

We were just friends enjoying each other's company until that one fateful afternoon.   

We were talking on chat, like always, when you said the words, "I love you."  

I remembered screaming, "What?" really loudly. Yeah, I was in shock. At first I didn't really believe you said that. I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me, but there it was, neatly typed in my chat box. After a second or two, I started freaking out! My heart started beating rapidly, skipping a few beats, and at one point I think it actually stopped beating. I felt the same warm sensation creeping up my neck up to my cheeks, as it reddened.   

Was it true? Did you like me, but what about your crush?  

I was about to reply when you beat me to it.   

"Just saying, I love you as a sister :) Hope I didn't scare you away ;)"  

Okay, I was a little bit disappointed . . . okay try a lot. But at least having your love, even though it was family love was better than nothing, right? At least I meant something to you.  

"You scared me for a second there, thought you had a little crush on me ;)"   

I know, I lied, but what could I say? That I was sad? And that I really liked you back? Yeah right.  

"Don't worry, you're more like a sister to me than anything^^"   

"Oh, you're like a brother to me as well :)"  

Don't look at me like that! I know I was a scaredy cat, but what could I do?   

"Great! So Violet, have you talk to Adrian?"  

"Adrian? Yeah, why?"   

In truth, Adrian and I, had become good friends, liked I said in the last letter. But we don't really talk as much. Once in a while we would chat, but whenever we would, I felt like I was talking to an old friend. Do you know what I mean?  

"Oh just wondering, that's all."   

Strange . . . you were kind of acting weird, but I didn't question it. You were always strange at times.   

"Okay then. So how's your painting going?" 

I still couldn't get over the fact that you love to paint, just as much as I did! When I found out, I was actually happy that we had art in common.  

"My latest painting is going pretty well. I've been working on it forever!"  

 "Really? What are you painting?"  

 "Oh just my crush ;)"   

I hated it when you mention your crush. It just reminded me that I could never have you, and that you will only be my friend or I guess my 'sibling.'    

"Awesome, I bet she would love it once you give it to her :)"  

"That's if I give it to her."  

"What do you mean?" I asked you. 

I was a little bit confused. I mean if you worked really hard on a painting for someone, why wouldn't you give it to them? Unless . . .?  

"I might not have the chance to, that's all I'm saying."   

"What do you mean?"  

Yes I know! I asked that a lot, but I really wanted to know the reason to this!  

"I don't see her that much."  

"Why not? I thought she goes to your school."  

"Well . . ."  

Okay, yeah at this point, I was really confused. I remembered you telling me that she went to your school? What happened?

"Well what?"  

"Sorry Violet I got to go, bye!"   

"Wait what?"   

Before I even hit enter you already logged off. Okay, now that's really strange. For the past five months I knew you, you would never ever sign off like that. You always put the heart next to my name, whenever you said goodbye.   

What happened? Did I say something wrong?   

I stared and stared at the screen, waiting for you to come back, but you never did. Soon I just logged off, knowing that you wouldn't come back anytime soon.   

After taking a break from my laptop, I decided to go back to check my email. Logging on Google Chrome, I clicked on Gmail right below my browser. After typing in my email and password, it logged me in. I got twenty new emails. Most of them were from random websites and my writing accounts, but the email that stood out the most was from you.   

Clicking it open, I was hoping you would explain your sudden departure, but you didn't. Instead I got the worst news I could possibly get from you.  

"I'm gonna be away for several of months, so I guess take care of yourself.

"I thought that was it, until I kept scrolling down.  

"I love you >.<"   

That was it, that was all it took for me to break down. Tears streamed down my face, one by one, as it hit my laptop, soaking my tears up. I didn't care if my laptop got damaged or something, all I cared about was you.  

Why are you leaving me?   

Why?  

Did I do something wrong?   

Just why, Noah, why?   

I never once told you what happened during that day, but now you know. Noah, that was the day you made me cried. And let me tell you, you were the first guy to ever make me cry, but certainly not the last. 

Love,  

~Violet