*Chapter Twenty-Nine*

Elena opened and closed her mouth several times, but she couldn’t form a coherent sentence. Cade could completely understand her reaction. It wasn’t an everyday thing to see two half eaten corpses lying together. Cade turned to leave but stopped when he saw tears streaming down Elena’s face. Awkwardly, he slung his arm over her shoulder.

“I knew it.”

“Knew what?”

She ignored him and continued to walk towards the rotten corpses. Cade scrunched up his face when he saw Elena twisting the female’s face. The other half was uneaten and recognizable.

“It’s Diana.”

“Huh?”

“Since this is Diana, the other must be James.” Her voice broke, and more tears rolled down her cheek. “She didn’t even bother leaving.”

Cade looked down to notice the female’s hand grasping the male’s tightly. She had a chance to forfeit, yet she stayed till the end. Judging by the excess amount of blood, they must have put on quite a fight. He frowned. Just what sort of ruthless beast did they face? Nevertheless, Cade found himself worrying about another angel.

“We have to leave, Elena.”

“C-Can we at least bury them?”

He tried. He really did, but the word ‘no’ simply wouldn’t come out when Elena was so heartbroken. Without a doubt, she knew the two people. This would increase the risk of being found, but he couldn’t refuse her. Cade sighed and said a word he knew he would regret.

“Fine.”

Aurora trailed behind him, her gaze flickering every so often to the white pearl-like sphere in his hand. According to him, since they’d gotten the piece on top of the hill, there was no reason for them to stay there any longer. While a part of her felt disappointed, the other part rejoiced at the fact that nothing had changed between the two. Aurora let out a breath she didn’t realize she’d been holding and relaxed herself. There was nothing she could do about this. She reminded herself once more of the reason why she’d came here in the first place.

The road down the hill was much easier than up, but it was still exhausting, especially when the sun shone right into her eyes. Her body ached and longed for a good rest, and she resisted the temptation to simply run away and search for a nice little cave where she could just sleep for as long as she wished.

“Adrian, tell me about your siblings.”

She needed something to distract herself from the boredom this was causing her. She desperately wanted to forfeit, but there was something in her, an unknown side of her, that prevented her from doing this.

“They’re annoying.”

“You said all of you are a part of the seven sins, right? What do you represent?”

Silence.

“Hmm?”

Silence.

“Adrian?”

No reply.

“Fine, don’t tell me. My real partner is a Royalty. I can just ask him.”

“Aurora, don’t go near Avary.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Just don’t, not when you have two of the five objects on you.”

“I don’t get it.”