~Chapter 1~

Perspiration and sweat covered my body. Another night of submission, and my wolf was clawing out to hold our mate, but I knew that he wouldn't be too fond of that action. She howled trying to go against my constraint, and tired as I was, she won. My left arm, that was resting at my side, went towards his perfect naked body and wrapped itself around his torso.

"What are you doing?" he said huskily. "I thought we agreed on no touching, besides sex." My wolf howled painfully and moved away to the back of my mind, releasing my arm away from his warm hard flesh.

"My.. uh... I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen, again." I turned and faced the other way, biting my lip as to not let myself cry. In my head, I tell myself that it's going to be alright and soon he'll come to his senses and make me his.

"Good," he said, and got out of the bed, heading towards the bathroom where I know he'll try his hardest to rid himself of my scent and my touch. Another piece breaks itself from my heart, and I know that the more this continues the more my heart will be broken beyond repair.

Twenty minutes later, he comes out fresh and clean. The smell of what we did for hours gone from his skin. He quickly changes into his suit, and leaves. No words of endearment and not even a goodbye. This routine is engraved in my mind, but every single time , it never gets easier. I think back when life was much simpler, with less pain, urges, and struggles; life when I haven't found my master, my mate.

~~~~~

 Natalia, dear, you have to get dressed."

"Mom, you know how much I hate these pack gatherings," to be honest I only found them entertaining due to all the people getting drunk and making fools of themselves. "But, darling, you're 19, you should've found your mate already. Who knows, he'll show up tonight, and you'll be whisked away into love and passion," my mother says dreamily.

"If it weren't for you finding dad, I would think that you were the one who wanted to meet your mate," I said, getting up to my walk-in-closet and finding a plain black dress that had slits on both sides to show sections of my legs. Classy and sexy.. Not. I hate dressing up for these things.

Sternly my mother replied with a quiet, "Fine," and left, leaving me in front of my dresser. I put on light make-up. Eyeliner and lip-gloss are all I ever put. Then, I fix my hair into half up-do and leave my bangs out. Staring at myself in the mirror, I say to myself, "It's show time."

~~~~~

Looking over at the crowd of people from the other side of the living room in the corner, I think to myself "Yeah, this room is already on its way to making themselves look like fools." Sipping my glass of water, I wander back to the time when I was younger and wanted to meet my mate so badly. I sigh, knowing that a person like myself, would never be looked at as mate worthy, but I can always wish.

My thoughts are interrupted when a crowd starts to form a commotion at the front of the pack house, where the front door should be. Just when the door opens, the crowd splits like the Red Sea, and an older couple enters, the authority radiating off them in large waves. Everyone bows, and that's when I find out that they were the Royal Lycan couple. The Royals are technically not the King and Queen, but they are sought after for helpful advice and history. They may as well be the famous couple of all Lycan society.

I bow for a short while, not really wanting to, but having to because I would appear as rude. Raising myself from the bow, I happen to catch them moving into a different room in the pack house, and once they leave, I spot another couple coming through the door. For sure they're younger, but still radiate off some authority. They're both talking to each other oblivious to the world, that they could pass off as mates.

Just like any other cliché romance, the young guy turns his head and stares straight at me. My heart goes into hyper mode and can't stop thumping like the energizer bunny. The smile that adorns his face awhile ago, disappears in an instant. His gaze is so intense, that my body gets a tingly feeling that makes me want to jump his body. My arousal could be wafting through the air, and I wouldn't be able to notice, due to me smelling the air of his musky scent, that I can only be able to smell. Just when I'm taking a deep breath of his smell, a growl erupts from him, and I immediately snap out of my daze.

My eyes grow wide, and it becomes clear to me that he's my mate, my other half, the love of my life, the person who would be there for me through everything in the upcoming future, the one who just came in with another woman that isn't me, and the one who's sending me death glares that could send me six feet under.

My wolf comes from the back of my mind, wanting to see our mate. "Why is he staring at us like that?" Naomi, my wolf  asks in distraught. "I don't know." I say monotonously. "Go to him, please, see what's making him act like that. Please." My wolf begs persistently. The thing about Naomi is that she's super sensitive. Our wolves are like our best friends. They've been with you ever since you were born and grow/age with you through the years. Look at them as the pups from our parent's wolves. She's been with me through thick and thin and I with her. If it wasn't for her, I would've been buried in my loneliness due to my state of socialness.

I snap out of my thoughts and notice that they separate from each other, but not without a kiss that breaks off a piece of my heart. That's when I notice that once they are walking away from the other, that he's walking towards me in a predatory way, which sends my body to go haywire and full of want. My arousal picks up again and that's when he quickly picks up the pace. It isn't until he's standing in front of me, that I become fully frightened.

"Hello, mia cara." he huskily says in a deep baritone voice, pleasing to the ears. I gulp quite audibly, and realize that my mate has me trapped in the isolated corner of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

1 Vote & 50 Reads for Next Chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hi! This is a story that I started. Not my first, actually. I've started other stories, but always ended up deleting them because no one really reads them. So I started out with a Werewolf story, since it seems like a popular category. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for stopping to give this story a chance, and hopefully you'll stay the rest of the way. I'll post once I receive the amount of votes that's needed and more, then I'll post the upcoming night of that day.

-T.J. <3

Vote, Comment, Share, and Fan!