Chapter 1

Chapter 1-

My alarm clock blares the local radio, the weather man saying there's a chance of rain.  I roll over and hit the snooze button.  It's 4:30am and today I got up an hour earlier so I could check on Hazel and still get to Nashville to meet up with Calum at a decent time.  I slip on my slippers and cookie monster robe, and trudge to the kitchen.

I don't want to waste too much time, so I decide to just pick up something to eat for breakfast on the road.  So I trudge back to my room, throw on some loose skinny jeans, a t-shirt, grab my Vans, and slip on my boots.  I'm not getting horse shit on my Vans.  Before leaving the house I make sure I have everything I need to stay with Calum tonight-- having prepacked a bag last night.  I put my bag, purse-satchel-thingy, and Vans in the passenger side on the floor of my truck.  After climbing in the driver seat, I start the truck and drive to the barn.

At the barn, my dog Sydney greet me by trotting out of the barn's doggy door and running up to my door.  She waits patiently as I turn off the ignition and step out of my truck, "Hey girl!"

I hear my other dog Chester barking from somewhere behind the barn, probably causing trouble.  After shutting the truck door, I walk into the barnm with Sydney trailing.  My horse Hazel sticks her head out of her stall.  I smile and walk up to greet her.  While Hazel fiddles with my hair, I stand on a bucket to see into the stall.

Her water bucket is almost empty so I climb off the bucket to fetch the hose.  I drag the hose back to the stall, stick the hose through the bars on the door, and squeeze the nozel.  After letting the bucket fill halfway, I swish around the water and tip the bucket sideways, rinsing the bucket out.  I then fill the bucket up all the way while glancing at her pellets and hay.  My mom said she'd check on her when she checks on the rest of the horses while I'm gone.

My phone starts vibratig and Scooby-Doo's laugh echos throughout the barn.  I pull out my phone showing Calum texted me, Left home yet?

I shoot him back a quick text, In a minute.  See you in about two hours!

After locking my phone and slipping it in my back pocket, I put the hose back and leave the barn, making sure the door is closed and the doggy door isn't locked.  I open the door and hop onto the seat hanging my feet out.  Quickly I switch to my Vans, throwing my boots into the backseat.  I turn on the truck and throw in a mix CD.  As Delirious Outta My Mind by Deliri0us starts, I put on my seatbelt, out the drink in drive, and start my trek to Nashville to see my bestfriend and have my heart go through all the pain of leaving him all over again.

****

It's almost 8am and I'm just getting to the hotel that Calum texted me the address of.  About half an hour ago he was calling me probably wondering where I was.  At the time I was trying to see out my windshield as my wipers treid to keep up with the rain coming down in buckets, so I couldn't answer.  Finally the rain let up and I was able to call and tell him that the weather was slowing me down.

I pull into a spot pretty close to the door, pull out my phone, and dial Calum's number.  He picks up on the second ring, "You here yet?

"Yes, I just pulled got to the hotel.  Where are you?"  I ask turning down the volume of the stereo and shutting off the truck.

"In our hotel room.  Room 247."  He asnwers, with the rets of the boys talking in the background.

I start gathering my thigns, "Okay, I'm on my way up.  Can we go eat or order something?  I'm starving."

"Yeah, no problem.  How does IHOP sound?"  He asks.

"Sounds amazing."  My stomach growls just from the thought, "Second floor right?"