Chapter Three

HIIIIII :D omg I think this is terrible, honestly. I read Amelia's Ziall one and it's like, a lot better, idk. o-o But anyway, here it is! Please comment/vote, and offer any sort of criticism! :D 

CHAPTER THREE

Louis groaned aloud, thinking about the horrible experience he had yesterday. The whole of UK could have heard him, and he could just imagine his mother’s disappointment, and his sisters laughing at him. He ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated. He had to leave for work already.

 The past few days had gone by pretty quickly. Maybe it was because he wasn’t spending his time lazing away at home or out with his friend Stan like he would have been if he were back in Doncaster. He wasn’t having a very good time. Sure he’d enjoyed the fact that he now lived in London, but he hadn’t had time to tour the city yet. He was going to do just that during the weekend, to forget about how much he sucked at hosting radio shows.

Then again, it was only his second day at work. Who could blame him for screwing up like that? Well, maybe Liam would just warn him a bit but nothing else right? Sighing, Louis dragged himself out of his apartment, bracing himself for another day at work.

Liam had asked him to meet him in his office at least thirty minutes before the show was due to start, and Louis knew it was the little lecture about his poor performance the day before. If it were any other person, Louis might have been worried. But it was Liam, his nice boss, and probably the nicest one he’d ever meet. So he wasn’t really afraid or anything.

~~~

“Hey Liam,” Louis said warily, in case Liam was in a bad mood. But looking at his face, Liam didn’t seem upset or anything. In fact, there was a smile on his face. “Hey, Louis, I’m sure you know why I asked you here today.”

Louis nodded. “Yeah, uh, because I did terribly during yesterday’s show? I’m sorry about that, I was just nervous. I’m sure I’ll do better with more practice. Please don’t fire m-“ Louis was rambling again and Liam cut him off.

“No! I’m not talking about that! Yeah I’m sure you’ll do better! It was only your first time! Anyway, I was just thinking that you and Harry should spend some time together and get to know each other. I feel that you guys talk to each other too little during the show, and you’re practically like strangers. You know nothing about each other except for your names. So I asked Harry to take you around London this weekend since you’re new here, and you can tour the city and get to know each other at the same time. How’s that sound?” Liam proposed, excited.

Unfortunately, Louis was the opposite of excited. He did want to tour the city, but not with Harry. He wouldn’t be able to enjoy himself with Harry there. “Well, at least I know he’s obnoxious,” Louis muttered under his breath, but Liam caught it anyway, and he frowned.

“Yeah, Harry told me you had something against him… Care to tell me what it is so that I can offer you some suggestions on how to try to accept him?” Liam asked, his tone caring. How could Louis say no to him?

And so Louis told him everything from the smirking to the teasing; everything. It was then Louis realized that Harry actually didn’t do much. He just kept doing the same thing over and over again every day. Then Liam sighed and gave him a sympathetic smile.

“I know how you feel… When I first recruited him, I was quite annoyed by his smirking. It just made him seem really arrogant, right?” Liam paused and Louis nodded. “But as I got to know him better, I found that it was just… His thing. That’s what he does, that’s how he behaves towards people whom he likes. I guess if you get to know him better, it won’t be annoying at all. So take this as me begging you. Could you just at least try and spend a weekend with him to see if it all works out? If it doesn’t, I might have to swap the both of you with Niall and Zayn or something.”