Chapter 18

***First off let me say I know it has been too long and I am deeply sorry. I have been going through a lot of personal problems and to be honest wasn’t sure if I even wanted to finish this book. I love to write but when you struggle just to make it through the day it’s not usually on you top list of to-dos. I am striving for a normal life and with that come what I love the most. I would like to ask you to be patient with me and I will try to do better. I have not edited this chapter so please excuses any mistakes** Thanks

Chapter 18

Recap:

After a few moments he pulled back. Pecking my lips softly he whispered

“That’s the Luna I have been waiting on.”

Pulling back I stared at his face before realization crossed mine. He was testing me. He wanted to know how far he could push me. So was it all a test. I mean, an old flame, the jealous, everything? I didn’t know the answers to that but I was damn sure going to find out. As he pulled me into his arms once more I relaxed and feel into the kiss. But in the back of my mind one thing kept replaying “If all this was a test to see how I would do then he was in for one hell of a payback.”

(Abby’s POV)

As I stood in Marcus’s embrace I couldn’t let the fact go that everything could have been a test. Would he really do that to me? Deciding that I had to know and it would not wait any longer I broke the kiss while pushing him away. Glancing up I could tell this action seemed to confuse him.

“Marcus, Was it all a test?” I asked with thinly veiled anger.

“What?” he asked confused.

Boy, for a professor he could sure act dumb sometimes or was he trying to put me off? The amount of questions racing around my mind about his actions, his past, and him made me realize I don’t know him well. That was about to change if nothing else.

“I want to know if everything, your brother, your past, all of it. Was it a test to see if I could stand up to everything?” I questioned him.

A moment of calm seemed to pass his face almost as if he was trying to decide how to answer that. It took him a moment before he came to his descision.