Chapter 21- A Little Late With Your Rescue! Oh, Wait... WHAT?!

As I thought back over all the fanfic’s I’d read over my lifetime, I knew the love interest would usually jump at the chance to save the damsel, normally spouting a incredibly corny confession of their  undying love.

But, as the two men behind me chuckled from behind me whilst cracking their knuckles, Sasuke did no such thing. The asshole just sat in place, staring at me without a hint of emotion. And, from what I can recall, this is not what is supposed to happen. In fact, Sasuke should be jumping to help me, right…. NOW!

Sasuke did nothing. As I expected. Fuck my life.

“No.” I narrowed my eyes at the pedo snake, who was most likely thinking up many ways to rape the poor Uchiha in his sleep at that very moment. “No!” I repeated, shouting this time. I bared my teeth and swiped one of the attacker’s legs without warning, causing him to cry out and hit the ground. With lightning speed, I raised a flaming fist, full of my chakra, and brought it down with all the force I could muster.

I must remember to thank Kakashi for teaching me how to set my own hand on fire…. Never thought I’d say that before, in my lifetime…

I blinked a few times, breaking myself out of my thoughts of my sensei, onto to find I had punched THROUGH the ninja. Just. Great. The worst part is, I didn’t even have time to feel disgusted! I was already being attacked by the second enemy.

He grabbed for me, locking my arms behind my back with surprising strength. I growled lowly, before setting both hands alight and forcing them against my capturers skin. He bellowed as his flash burned, but refused to let go. I felt one of my shoulders click in a way it never has before, as he bent my arms in a way they were not designed to bend.

I howled as my right arm spasmed on its own accord, caused by the agonising pain that seemed to run from my shoulder, down. No doubt something was dislocated, and although it wouldn’t be a hard problem to fix, it wasn’t the time or place to do so.

In a last attempt, I kicked at my opponents knee’s, before one finally broke. He released me, and I fell to the floor, crying out as my shoulder was jarred harshly from the impact. Orochimaru’s man, however, was not in any better shape. He was clutching at his broken kneecap, and blood poured from his stomach. Before I had a chance to think otherwise, I snatched a kunai from my pouch and pistoned forward, sheathing the metal object inside of the man’s chest.

He let out a small breath, before dipping his head over my shoulder, and in an instant, he was dead. I felt something warm trickle onto my back, and I knew it was his blood, which was also staining my hand.

I jumped back a few times, before dropping to one knee. I clutched my arm and snapped my head up, panting. Orochimaru chuckled softly, while Sasuke still stared without a hint of concern on his face.

“Very good. I must say, I’m surprised.” I gritted my teeth as I raised my arm and felt the jerk as my arm fell back into its socket, although the joint and arm itself was still sore, it was bearable. “You gave me the impression that you were weak.” I sneered at the pedo as his grin widened, “Which I knew first hand, you aren’t.” I stuck my tongue out, before remembering that this probably wasn’t the best place to be all weird and shit.

I focused, trying to keep my face stern. I felt my eyebrow twitch, and that sent me over the edge. I doubled over with laughter, forgetting that I could be killed at any moment. “S-Sorry!” I gasped, sitting back up while grinning, “I just-“ I took in a breath, trying to calm my giggles, “I just can’t seem to do a serious face!” Orochimaru cocked his head to the side,

“I was wondering why that vein was appearing on your head.” I anime fell, before he continued. “You still have to die, by the way.” My eyes widened as his hand rose, and images of that same hand plunged through my chest returned to me.