Unmuted- Chapter 16

Author's Note: I wanted to have something up for you guys so here's part 1 of chapter 16. There maybe some issues with tenses because it can get really confusing when you're doing flashbacks and present tense and goodness... It can be a nightmare.

Anywho here's what to look out for

Key:

*** -Either beginning or end of Flashback (I used to normally put a few spaces between flashbacks, but wattpad has changed their spacing options so it does not work. Poopy right?)

____ - A next scene has started or ended

Anywho's read! Enjoy and consider following if you're enjoying the story so far. Bye guys!

_____________________________________________________

In a little over thirteen hours I have been engaged, pregnant, and a lesbian. The media does that. When I woke up this morning all that was on television were pictures of Duncan Svensson-Nils and his mystery woman- me. Somehow pictures were taken of us yesterday at the MMP music store. I had not seen any paparazzi while we were there, but that is the thing with them, you never really see them coming most times.

There were all kinds of pictures, too. They captured moments I did not even know we had. There was one of Duncan poking my cheek. I cannot remember Duncan touching or his fingers even getting near my face yesterday and yet, there it is - picture proof. Unless it has been altered somehow, but I doubt it.

This morning all Alice could do is watch all of the gossip videos about her brother and his mystery new girlfriend, who she of course knew was me. As if it were not hard enough to convince her that we were not together, this is only making it worse. How do you explain to someone that you are not dating a person who you were caught holding hands with and had a cheek caressing moment with?

***

"So, you guys still not a couple?" Alice had asked.

"Alice," Duncan had started, rolling his eyes. I had been quiet all morning ever since the discovery of the pictures. I almost felt like a small child who had been caught taking something that was not theirs. "Please, you know better than to believe all that crap."

"I don't know," she had sung. "It looks pretty believable to me."

"It's not even like that," Duncan argued.

Alice humed and considered what her brother had told her, then she shook her head with a mischievous smirk on her lips. "Well," she started, tapping her index finger to her chin mockingly. "Explain the hair." Oh yes, the said 'sex hair'. The mess that had been at the top of Duncan's head yesterday. The hair I had tried to fix but was too short to reach.

"Alice," Duncan had started, and this only started another reel of arguments, until finally I tried to escape out of the house, but soon found that the door was locked from the inside, and I did not have the key.