Chapter 38

Soooo I guess this is it. This is where we part ways :( I'm not a very good ending writer, but I tried my best :) haha. I'm thinking of maybe writing a sequel, but I'm not entirly sure yet, I'm still trying to come up with something that would be good. hmm. :) Anyways, here's the last chapter. I practically was bawling at the end. I hope you guys like it.

Beckham O'Neil

Tyler was right, I just needed to digest everything. I needed time to process and make my decision on my own. I sat down in the plush chair and stared out the window. "It's nice to see you again, Beck."

I turned my attention to Dr. Coleman, "I thought you said that I was done with our sessions. No offense Doc, but I was hoping to never see you again."

He laughed, "I know, but I thought I'd do a check up. See how things are going, see if you wanted to talk about anything."

I shook my head, "Nope." I popped the 'p' on my answer, "Everything is just peachy."

He arched an eyebrow, "Peachy?"

I nodded, "Yeah like great or awesome. You know, peachy."

He nodded and smiled, "I had just never pictured you being a person that would use the word 'peachy'."

I shrugged, "I think Jane is rubbing off on me a little too much."

"How is that going with Jane and Paul?"

"It's good. A couple weeks after my birthday they had asked if I wanted them to adopt me."

Dr. Coleman raised his eyes brows, "Oh really?"

I nodded, "Yeah, but I told them that I didn't need some official paperwork to know they were my parents."

"That's a pretty big break through for you, Beck. You've never been that attached to a family before."

I smiled and shrugged, "Well, it's pretty hard to not get attached to them. Believe me, I tried."

He chuckled, "By the way, I heard that you won nationals, congrats."

I rolled my eyes, "I won second place. I lost by .19 second."

"Oh, Paul said that you won it."

"Him and Tyler think the other guy was on steroids or something, but his drug test came out negative. He's the rightful winner."

He opened his notebook, "And how does that make you feel?"

I narrowed my eyes, "Seriously, Doc? I thought we were done with all this psychotherapeutic babble talk."

He chuckled, "We are, I just thought that you may be upset that you lost by that little."

I shrugged, "I am, I just don't really care. I mean, I run because I love it, not because I want to win. I mean I want to win, but I could careless if I came in 6th or 1st. I run because I love it, not because I'm good."

"Is that the same with football?"

"Excuse me? What are you talking about?"

He shrugged, "Okay, so Paul and Jane called and they're worried that you can't make a decision on what you want to do next year. Time is ticking and Paul said that that ODP coach isn't going to wait  forever. That tons of colleges coaches keep calling the house. I just thought I could help you sort through it all."

I nodded, "Okay. Yeah, I think it'll help."

He smiled, "Good. Now you said that you run because you love it, is that how you feel about football? Do you play because you love it, or because your good?"