Heroes on the field

Chapter 1

It had felt as if I had been in a coma for days, months even. I awoke to a darkness, a feeling I had not felt ever before. I was truly alone. It felt as if a dark cloud formed over me blocking all vision, hearing, and feeling. I had nothing, everything I knew was gone. Tears streaming down my face, i try to shut my eyes as tight as possible, I open with one last hope of it all being a bad dream. Nothing changes, my hopes, they meant nothing to the one we call god. Has he no pity on me? If this has happened to me, is there a god? My faith in him Is still there, just covered by a layer of doubt, and self concern. After all it Is he that chooses my fate. Everything happens for a reason.

As I lay there motionless in my hospital bed, i think about how many others just like me lay there. How many fellow soilders lay thoughtless, and motionless on their beds trying to comprehend what has happened. Putting together their last thoughts and sights before the inncident. I wonder what has happened to them. Can they see me, but I cannot see them? Or are we all just victims of the same war that tears soilders, fathers, and husbands apart. I cannot believe this has happened to me! The war I once craved and longed for, has destroyed me.

A single tear drips down my eye and dies on my lips. I finally have come to the realization that I will never see my loving wife, or got to watch my children play on the beach again. It's all over. There's the feeling of your heart being drained and cut open for everyone to see the emptiness inside. Many men before me have suffered life through this fate. Many after will come as well, I wish I could Be the last to feel this intense pain. Asking god

"why god?! Why?! Take me! End all of the others suffering! Heal them oh lord!"

And all of the sudden, the pain was gone. Nothing but bliss had remained. My thoughts were empty, my head was light and my body felt no pain. Anybody could have walked up to me and hit me with a baseball bat, i wouldnt notice. Did the gods take me? What is happening?! No. Wait. There's something I feel it. It's coming back. I feel a shock, I am alive. I'm still deciding on if that is a good o bad thing. Suffering and life, or death and bliss. Tough choice. It was almost like on the battle field. The feeling of leaving and winning the battle knowing that my friends and those I have spent 2 years of my life with are gone, or dying and taking all feeling with me returning the favor Back to my friends.